camp sites in close proximity to coastal paths

insignia

Can anyone help with this as my wife and I are in our 70s we still enjoy a bit of walking but would prefer not to have to walk a long way to get to the coastal paths from the site When we were younger we did a lot of walking in Cornwall & Pembrokeshire and would like to do some more.The closer we can camp to the coastal cliff top paths the more Puff we have left to enjoy the lovely walks along the coastal paths and return to our motorhome not completely Knackered If any of you kind people can help us with site suggestions we would be most gratefull

Also in Pembrokeshire, the St David’s CC site.

It is possible to do a series of coastal walks and use the services of the Coastal Buses to get you back to the starting point there are 5 bus routes:

Poppit Rocket' / ‘Strumble Shuttle' / ‘Puffin Shuttle' / ‘Coastal Cruiser' / ‘Celtic Coaster'

Full details and timetables on Pembrokeshire County Council website.

Also in Wales:

Many on the Gower peninsula.

And in the North - LLanystumdwy C&CC on the Llyn peninsula.

The recently opened Wales Coast Path has a website which gives walk itineraries.

South Devon: Slapton Sands C&CC Site is just yards from the coastal path – nice flat walk to Torcross. It is also on a bus route for venturing further afield.

North Devon: Lynton C&CC Site – near the Valley of the Rocks and Lee Bay. A path from the site connects with the coastal path..

The C.C have a couple of sites in the N.E

Old Hartley and Berwick

the C.C.C have a site near Seahouses and Yellowcrag both just a short walk onto the dunes.

there are also a few in Scotland why dont you log on to the web pages and take a look you dont have to be members to do that.

Hendre Mynach - Barmouth, Mid Wales.

There is a flat walk along the promenade into Barmouth where you can continue across the toll footbridge(and railway bridge) over the Mawddach Estaury. (Superb views). From there you can continue on foot or cycle along the old rail route to Penmaenpool where there is a pub/restaurant and even on to Dolgellau. You can also access the high terrain from that route.

Also on the other side of the bridge are flat circular routes, including into Fairbourne. There you can get a train back to Barmouth or depending on the season a narrow gauge steam train to the estuary then the passenger ferry across to Barmouth.

There is also access to the hills/mountains from Barmouth and from near the site. If you wish you can return form Barmouth along the promenade in a land train in high season.

The site is separated from the promenade by a railway line. The gates and crossing are at the far end of the site. Trains are not so frequent that they are a nuisance and (from what I remember) the last one is about 9pm.

Please note: the vehicular access to the site is NOT along the promenade.

Trevaylor Caravan & Camping Park

Truthwall Lane

St Just

Penzance

Cornwall (West)

TR19 7PU

This site is on UKcampsite. It is near to the coastal path, but as you will have a National Concession bus pass you can get an open double deck bus that does a circuit round to St Ives, then Penzance and back. The bus is a bit old but goes into a mining area.

The area where the site is situated is near to Cape Cornwall.

Alternatively there is the CC site at St Ives and one at St Agnes, along with Trewethet Farm

:-D

Trewethet Farm. Thats the one I was trying to think of, its right on the coastal path with open views to the sea but when I tried the path last year there was one very steep descent only a few yards from the site that I refused to go down, it was rocky with no hand holds and extremely steep, the site manager said yes and the rescue helicopter has been there too!

MT

Archived