What device are you using to post on here from abroad.?

PJay

I notice a lot of you (Lucky things) are posting from Spain. i am interested to know, How you are doing this?

Laptop, IPad Phone, Net book, any other gadget ?

i carry a Lap Top, in Van but recently purchased a net book, to carry about, being a lot lighter, and smaller .Took it away on last holiday by Plane.. I prefer the lap top for the screen size, so will carry on using this in Van

Lets have a small poll, guys and Girls

PJay

As we live in Spain, I'm normally posting from the pc in the study here, via telephone broadband internet.

But when touring around Spain, and other mainland European countries, I keep in touch on-line via a smartphone ( HTC Wildfire S), using wifi signal wherever we can pick wifi up from.........usually in cafes, or in MacDonald's.

Guest Peter James

Old Dell Laptop.

My sister was throwing it out because it kept crashing and she had been told it was no good, but I formatted it and reinstalled XP and now it works like new.

I have BT WiFi in Britain, but depend on what is available in Spain.

I don't know whose WiFi signal this is - must be coming from somebody's flat :-)

Guest 1footinthegrave

I have a Blackberry playbook with wi-fi, now at the bargain price of £129 ( was £500 originally ) that I use for the odd bit of internet use abroad, but post on here with it, never, I get in enough trouble on here at home. :D

However one of the beauties of the playbook is an HDMI output that you can use to output the picture to your TV if you want a bigger screen, also the capacity to have around 45 full length movies ripped to MP4 format on it which we can watch on the TV as well, it really is a magic box of tricks with a battery life of around 8 hours ;-)

Oh and I should add can be paired with a smartphone for net connection via 3g, but not that much use abroad due to roaming costs. :-(

Archived