Winter cover for fridge vent

Craftsman

Took delivery of my first van recently and whilst reading the gumpf that comes with it, it says that when the external temperature is below +10 degrees I should fit the winter cover? Haven't seen one on the van, a Bailey 625, is this an optional extra or have the dealers forgotten to include it?

What do you all do re this, is it that important?

Craftsman - 2013-02-21 12:55 PM

Took delivery of my first van recently and whilst reading the gumpf that comes with it, it says that when the external temperature is below +10 degrees I should fit the winter cover? Haven't seen one on the van, a Bailey 625, is this an optional extra or have the dealers forgotten to include it?

What do you all do re this, is it that important?

If it's a new van I would have thought the covers would have come with it. Ours are just simple plastic covers which just attach to the outside grilles by turning a ' button ' - with a coin.

If it' has a previous owners possibly they have just forgotten to pass the covers on to you,

I don't often go away in winter but I fit the covers while it's parked at home as it helps to keep cold draughts out of the van.

We are also new to motorhoming getting our AutoTrail Tracker in August 2012, purchased 2 fridge covers for about £13 via ebay (Turner Leisure). Had a 6 week winter trip to France and Spain and found the covers were useful helped keep the van draft free and warm.No problems to fit just has been said a coin to turn the screws into the locking position.

We've had two new motorhomes a Rapido and an AutoTrail and both came with winter vent fridge covers as standard. If your motorhome was new I would suggest the dealer either forgot to put them in or may be even decided to leave them out hoping to sell you a pair that should have been provided in the first place!

lennyhb - 2013-02-21 3:24 PM

As ips says never normally supplied as standard, if its the big fridge freezer they are over £20 each -ouch!

Picked up new Autotrail last October, came complete with large winter covers, with other kit, awning winder, external shower, etc., Believe they are standard with Autotrail. Ray

Colin Leake - 2013-02-21 6:53 PM

We've had two new motorhomes a Rapido and an AutoTrail and both came with winter vent fridge covers as standard. If your motorhome was new I would suggest the dealer either forgot to put them in or may be even decided to leave them out hoping to sell you a pair that should have been provided in the first place!

agree!!

A few have commented the fridge vent covers help to cut down draughts inside their motorhomes. If you feel draughts from around the fridge enclosure I should get the seal checked at the rear of the fridge. There should be no air entering the Motorhome from that area, because it could include dangerous CO gas.

Archived