Benidorm Entertainment

fairweather camper

Guest JudgeMental
While the intertainment billed as free you probably find the drinks more expensive then in the surrounding bars. Another trick they pull. You see a show advertised for say 11 you turn up, at 11 but act don't come on for hours..this all engineered to get you to spend more. Fine if you know what to expect .....

This may well be the case down in clubby land. In the hotels exactly the opposite is the case as with the pub entertainment, the performers are doing a number of venues over the evening and run to a tight schedule so they do appear when timed.

We normally stay in the Deloix and the price of drinks do not rocket up. I found I paid more down the road in the bars when entertainment on although cheaper during the day.

Unfortunately it looks like I will be missing Beni next month as the prices have gone up by about 20% compared with last year. Will look again for October but not hopeful.

Guest JudgeMental
sshortcircuit - 2013-02-26 9:24 AM

This may well be the case down in clubby land. In the hotels exactly the opposite is the case as with the pub entertainment, the performers are doing a number of venues over the evening and run to a tight schedule so they do appear when timed.

We normally stay in the Deloix and the price of drinks do not rocket up. I found I paid more down the road in the bars when entertainment on although cheaper during the day.

Unfortunately it looks like I will be missing Beni next month as the prices have gone up by about 20% compared with last year. Will look again for October but not hopeful.

I should have said I was talking about bars and clubs. why don't you use the camper, we are driving down for Easter. Can be there in a few days.....

Flights are still cheap? Just booked a single return for Mrs Mental for 40 euro

Sorry for delay inresponding. Had hoped fairweather would have fed back as to how he got on last night but now asume he has changed his name to undertheweather :-D

Unfortunately SWMBO has family commitments which does make it difficult to come away and return flights are well over £140 so with all considered it would be cheaper with a holiday package but prices have gone up. Will be in France for a couple of months in June which is not all that far away so see no point in duplicating journey in same year. I suppose I could come further south in June but then it gets too warm.

Will look ahead to next year and you never no.

Now what is fairweather up to

Guest JudgeMental
sshortcircuit - 2013-02-27 2:22 PM

Would that be Sticky Viky ? :-S :-S

Heavens above.......I would not wish that on anyone! Mind you it explains why he has not been seen for days :D

If you find that the hotel you are seeking entertainment in should be all inclusive you may find it difficult to buy drinks at the bar, also one hotel (flamingo) has security guards on duty and stop people and ask for ID to the hotel. No worrys though as there dozens of hotels which would welcome your custom.

I have found though that bars that offer evening entertainment, singers, mainly are far better, more atmosphere, and you are not constantly harassed by waiters wanting you to buy more drinks.

Just back from the costa del sol, where a pint of San Migel can be as cheap as ONE euro, it would be rude not to accept those prices. :-D

Guest Peter James

I just walked into the SOL Pelicanos (Where the Benidorm TV series was filmed) Bought burgers and drinks by the pool. No probs at all :-)

( I was once approached by a guy who I thought may be going to throw me out, but he was just trying to get people to go on a 'Free' Blanket Trip *-) )

Archived