Censorship

mikejkay

Disappointed to see that a thread about a "handling charge" for buying tickets online has quietly disappeared overnight. I am sure that it is sometimes necessary to remove discussions for legal reasons but, if this is done, then the fact that this has been done and the reason why should be published. To remove threads in such a surreptitious manner is wrong.

Not sure why you can't see it - you're not clicking on 'new threads' are you instead of going into Motorhome Matters?

I've just bumped the original thread so you should see it now near the top of the Motorhome Matters forum

mikejkay - 2013-03-02 5:47 PM

I don't understand this, the last post on this thread is dated 1st March. It is still not showing up on my machine between today and 28th Feb. If I click on the link the post comes up!

It's about 18 threads down from this and on the same page. ;-) Ha..!!! This thread has now moved to the top but it's still on this page. Sorry :$ 2nd page. :D........wewill get there.

Dave

mikejkay - 2013-03-02 5:41 PM

It is indeed! How did you find it? I tried but I couldn't remember the title so I couldn't search. I looked in the first two pages and gave up. Egg on my face.

You don't need to know a thread's title to search.

In this instance just searching for anything with "ticket" anywhere in it would have retrieved the NEC Show-related thread (plus plenty of other threads with "ticket" in them of course).

Still can't find it unless I use the link provided or I search on "ticket" as suggested.

I am not looking in new threads.

My display is sorted by date, recent first, so the most recent posts are on the first or second page. I looked back about two weeks before I gave up. Anyway, this post seems to have morph'd into one about the website itself.

I've just noticed that the post at the bottom of the first page is timed at 0835 yesterday (i.e. 2/3/2113). The top post on the next page is timed at 1013 on 1/3/2013. I seem to have lost a large chunk of data. Any ideas why? anyone!

Do I get a prize if I solve your riddle? :->

I bet you've got your forum threads display order set for 'Creation' date instead of 'Last Post'.

When looking at the Motorhome Matters section, look at the top right just above the thread list in the Sort By: box and see what it says. :-D

mikejkay - 2013-03-03 12:45 PM

I've just noticed that the post at the bottom of the first page is timed at 0835 yesterday (i.e. 2/3/2113). The top post on the next page is timed at 1013 on 1/3/2013. I seem to have lost a large chunk of data. Any ideas why? anyone!

Is it leap year down Torbay ? (lol)

Daxe

Archived