breakdown cover

macclad

Guest pelmetman

ADAC.............covers you in UK & Europe for less than 80 quid ;-)

Camping Zaragosa, Camping Kiko Oliva are good stopping points if you want campsites :-S

pelmetman - 2013-03-03 8:20 AM

ADAC.............covers you in UK & Europe for less than 80 quid ;-)

Seconded - & the £80 covers you for ALL the vehicles in your fleet, inc motorbikes, & any vehicle in which you are driving, & any vehicle registered in your name driven by someone else!

I use ADAC too - excellent service. Even better if you can understand German, which I don't, but over the phone they speak very good English. I joined one day and unfortunately broke down the next (on a French motorway) so I had double my money's worth straight away.

I seem to remember that like most breakdown insurances there is a restriction on the length of the motorhome.

carebear - 2013-03-04 9:35 PM

Is there a length restriction with ADAC ???.

I believe the answer is 10Metres see the following from their gumpf:-

"Section 3 What vehicles are protected?

1 Protected all on you, your spouse or your children personally serene vehicles,

such as cars and motorcycles, including with guided trailer. The protection extends

also not authorizations force vehicles, if you, your spouse or minor children are

owners of these cars.

2 One does not apply to you, your spouse or minor children is personally approved vehicle protected if you are a member of ADAC, your spouse or your children are minors at the time of damage led solely responsible. This also applies to vehicles not authorizations.

3 The vehicle can not go to design and furnishings for the carriage of persons not more than 9 seats (including

of the space for the driver) and

- A total width of 2.55 m,

- A total length of 10 m,

- A height of 3 metres and

- A total permissible weight of 3.5 tons do not exceed.

The same goes for the accompanying trailer. All dimensions are including cargo. The trailer may have no more than one axle. Axles with a distance of less than 1 metre apart, are considered an axle.

4. In addition, motorhomes are insured up to

- A height of 3.20 m, including cargo and

- A maximum total weight of 7.5 tonnes

For mobile homes, which exceed the maximum extent, following services are not provided:

Salvage (Section 26), vehicle transportation (Section 30), pick-up service (Section 31) and total loss of transportation from damage to Storage site (Section 33 No. 2).

5. Baggage and cargo, as far as the individual services lays down mitgeschützt. Transported Commercial Goods are not protected. Animals and perishable goods are not protected and are not transported, unless there is an entitlement to return of domestic animals (Section 18)."

maggyd - 2013-03-03 12:34 PM

Can someone tell me, what happens with a New Van still under warranty ? do we still include breakdown cover with our Insurance or would we just contact Peugeot ?

Yes this has been puzzling me as well ,my insurance is due for renewal in June with Safeguard they provide full european break down cover and they have rescued us 3 times in the last 12 months (hence the purchase of new van) i don,t think Peugeot would be so good as that,has anyone any experience of using the Peugeot breakdown service

Fiat have 'Camper Assist', have Peugeot got something similier?

Was discussing this with RAC when our van was new their advise was to rely on Camper Assist and then upgrade to Arrival when warenty ran out, phoned them on Saturday to find out extra price, they asked for C&CC membership and then said "thats done then" I was taken aback, and asked whats done "We've lifted the size and weight limits" to which I asked how much it cost, to be told nothing!

colin - 2013-03-05 7:46 PM

Was discussing this with RAC when our van was new their advise was to rely on Camper Assist and then upgrade to Arrival when warenty ran out, phoned them on Saturday to find out extra price, they asked for C&CC membership and then said "thats done then" I was taken aback, and asked whats done "We've lifted the size and weight limits" to which I asked how much it cost, to be told nothing!

So does that mean your warenty has now ran out? and now R.A.C is covering you FREE because of CCC membership??

auntyjanet1 - 2013-03-05 12:55 PM

Can someone tell me, what happens with a New Van still under warranty ? do we still include breakdown cover with our Insurance or would we just contact Peugeot ?

Yes this has been puzzling me as well ,my insurance is due for renewal in June with Safeguard they provide full european break down cover and they have rescued us 3 times in the last 12 months (hence the purchase of new van) i don,t think Peugeot would be so good as that,has anyone any experience of using the Peugeot breakdown service

Were with Safeguard and just had the details changed at the end of Oct paying the difference for the new van which was £53 (off top of my head) and as you have said we had European breakdown cover with the old van ! I dont think I will be as confidant relying on Peugeot if we have a problem as I did with Safeguard :-S were going to have to ask some questions when its due.

maggyd - 2013-03-05 9:33 PM

colin - 2013-03-05 7:46 PM

So does that mean your warenty has now ran out? and now R.A.C is covering you FREE because of CCC membership??

Proboly badly writen by me, have RAC personal membership which covers myself and gf driving any vehicle up to 3.5t 6m panelvan. this has been upgraded at no extra cost to 'Arrival' which covers MH's over 6m and 3.5t

We had breakdown cover from AA which came with the van, for 3 years (I Think) supplied by Fiat, when we bought our van New . Hopefully a new van SHOULD NOT break down !! (Unless it was made on a Friday !!)

PJay

auntyjanet1 - 2013-03-05 12:55 PM

Ive managed to find out O.H knew :-D were covered with Peugeot Assistance for 1 year from purchase date, the details can be found in the thin service warrenty book along with the phone numbers for U.K and Europe, there are a couple of exclusions ie; flat tyre,s/, going through water/ accident !!! but normal insurance will cover that wont it hopefully its with the AA.

Maggy. thats a bit tight of Peugeot - Fiat Camper Assist lasts for 3 full years along with our Fiat base and Swift habitation warrenty.

Unfortunately, our van is 3 years old next Wednesday and I have had to look for European breakdown cover (tho never needed it so far).

I am insured with Saga and they do full European roadside and recovery for approx £90.

In fact, I was told by Saga that this is open to anyone even if insured elsewhere.

This is similar in price to ADAC but miles cheaper than any of the other big UK players.

Ford also provide breakdown cover for I believe the first two years? but the vehicle must be registered with Ford UK.

Naturaly Brownhills did not do this for our Ford powered Hymer....

They also registered the vehicle as just two belted seats, four are fitted!

bolero boy - 2013-03-06 5:19 PM

Maggy. thats a bit tight of Peugeot - Fiat Camper Assist lasts for 3 full years along with our Fiat base and Swift habitation warrenty.

Unfortunately, our van is 3 years old next Wednesday and I have had to look for European breakdown cover (tho never needed it so far).

I am insured with Saga and they do full European roadside and recovery for approx £90.

In fact, I was told by Saga that this is open to anyone even if insured elsewhere.

This is similar in price to ADAC but miles cheaper than any of the other big UK players.

Saga only cover the vehicle though so not like ADAC at all. I have two vehicles insured with Saga and they insist that I pay twice. Also only covers abroad; ADAC cover UK as well. Saga own RAC or AA but can never remember which!

Patricia - 2013-03-06 5:43 PM

Saga only cover the vehicle though so not like ADAC at all. I have two vehicles insured with Saga and they insist that I pay twice. Also only covers abroad; ADAC cover UK as well. Saga own RAC or AA but can never remember which!

Patricia, Saga only sell Motorhome Assistance Plus when you ask for European cover, this most definitely includes National Recovery along with mainland europe.

I agree that this only covers the one vehicle but for either of us driving.

maggyd - 2013-03-06 2:31 PM

Ive managed to find out O.H knew :-D were covered with Peugeot Assistance for 1 year from purchase date, the details can be found in the thin service warrenty book along with the phone numbers for U.K and Europe, there are a couple of exclusions ie; flat tyre,s/, going through water/ accident !!! but normal insurance will cover that wont it hopefully its with the AA.

Your AA European breakdown cover should look after you for accident recovery etc.

That's why I certainly would not rely on the Fiat Assist insurance simply for the fact that if we had an accident on a motorway the cost of getting our van removed would be extortionate! 8-)

Just to clarify for other 'readers' , the three years only applies to certain makes, ours was only two years, so best check with Fiat UK if you are uncertain.

bolero boy - 2013-03-06 6:06 PM

Patricia - 2013-03-06 5:43 PM

Patricia, Saga only sell Motorhome Assistance Plus when you ask for European cover, this most definitely includes National Recovery along with mainland europe.

I agree that this only covers the one vehicle but for either of us driving.

Apologies for getting that information wrong. It is some time now since I have used Saga breakdown. As I am the only driver, I can only drive one vehicle at a time but Saga want to charge me for each one separately so I stopped using them.

Mel B - 2013-03-06 6:26 PM

maggyd - 2013-03-06 2:31 PM

Your AA European breakdown cover should look after you for accident recovery etc.

That's why I certainly would not rely on the Fiat Assist insurance simply for the fact that if we had an accident on a motorway the cost of getting our van removed would be extortionate! 8-)

Yes I think your right Mel, whoever we go with for insurance we,ll take the breakdown cover as usual, as you say that is a ridiculous stipulation about not assisting in an accident! anything else in the first 12 months is THEIR fault anyway.

However, it is not cheaper than Comfort, who provide RAC Europe cover for just £60 as an addition to their vehicle insurance!

Archived