breakdown cover

macclad

maggyd - 2013-03-06 2:31 PM

auntyjanet1 - 2013-03-05 12:55 PM

maggyd - 2013-03-03 12:34 PM

Can someone tell me, what happens with a New Van still under warranty ? do we still include breakdown cover with our Insurance or would we just contact Peugeot ?

Yes this has been puzzling me as well ,my insurance is due for renewal in June with Safeguard they provide full european break down cover and they have rescued us 3 times in the last 12 months (hence the purchase of new van) i don,t think Peugeot would be so good as that,has anyone any experience of using the Peugeot breakdown service

Ive managed to find out O.H knew :-D were covered with Peugeot Assistance for 1 year from purchase date, the details can be found in the thin service warrenty book along with the phone numbers for U.K and Europe, there are a couple of exclusions ie; flat tyre,s/, going through water/ accident !!! but normal insurance will cover that wont it hopefully its with the AA.

Maggy, I think the only answer to all such questions is to sit down with the documents, and read them line by line.

For example, it seems to me relatively unlikely that your vehicle insurance would automatically cover assistance for a flat tyre. It may, but I don't think I've ever seen it stated. Breakdown cover probably would: but equally, only if stated.

Assumptions are useless, you must get the facts, and those are in the documents. Apologies if this sounds "preachy" (not intended) but these things are important, and advice from a bunch of anonymous strangers whose detailed knowledge of your particular circumstances must be scant, is liable to be misleading - possibly critically so if push came to shove.

Thats the thing Brian the only information is in the warranty book and that is as Ive said anything else I think you are supposed to go on line and read 'your page' but as its only for one year and half of that is now up ! the insurance is due next month so Ill sort it then. Tyre,s aren't insured neither is accident recovery so for me it is no good, I think it is just to cover anything that might occur in a new van.

Archived