Dometic CK2000 Cooker Hood

gocro

The Circulair one. Don't want to chop the vans roof or walls,love our mini heiki so are thinking of this recirculating hood with carbon filters.Lots of new vans are fitted with hoods I see,how effective are they?

My wifes dying to get at the oven.

But what problem are you expecting it to solve? All they do is remove grease particles and smell from the air: not all, but probably most. They can't remove humidity, because it is the same air that is being re-circulated.

IMO, removal of humidity (and even doggy smells!) would be the more valuable target, for which you'd need an extract rather than a recirc hood, or just an extract fan elsewhere in the van, preferably in the roof - maybe in, or in lieu of, a rooflight.

If you do a lot of frying it will clearly be advantageous, but not for much else. The alternative would be, er, how to say this delicately, less frying! :-D

Exactly that ,moisture can be dispersed by opening a vent , but grease and smells can permeate the soft furnishings. We have never fried anything in any of our vans, but we haven't had an oven either.

I was asking for an "objective opinion" from the users of these hoods, the CK200 in particular.

Sorry can't help with this particular hood but we've had hoods (fully vented) in a couple of previous motorhomes and hardly, if ever, used them as they were VERY noisy in operation. 8-)

A cheaper alternative might be to get shares in Febreeze! :-D

Archived