DAB radio adaptors

ips

Has anyone got one and if so how well do they work, recently bought a new car which doesnt have DAB and I am missing it. Also thinking that I might be able to take it in van as well. Any advice on best one to get or ones to avoid, etc etc

Thanks

Mel B - 2013-03-12 8:13 PM

Soooooo, if I had one of these would it mean that Radio 2 wouldn't be 'lost' when travelling?

....in general, until and unless some major augmentation of the DAB signal is made (and the debate about if and when continues), stations which are currently available on FM (such as Radio 2) will get a much better coverage across the country than DAB. (So the straight answer to your question is No).

I also miss DAB (as like IPS, I have changed my car and no longer have the excellent Ford DAB radio). DAB's major advantages currently are in providing access to stations that do not broadcast on AM/FM (such as Planet Rock ;-) ), and in providing much improved quality for broadcasts only available on AM (in particular, Radio 5 - which is virtually unusable on AM in the evenings, but clear as a bell on DAB).

Archived