Motorhome Anti theft device

KPBH

gocro - 2013-07-16 4:56 PM

Regarding the cloning of a key from the fuel filler lock barrel,surely this will only only open the door as it still needs to have the imobiliser chip installed to start the vehicle.

If you had an old enough motorhome, with no immobiliser and the same key for the ignition and fuel-filler, the March 2013 postings would be relevant regarding starting the vehicle - otherwise not.

Obviously, though, it's potentially bad news for anyone with criminal ambitions to gain possession of a key that will allow entry to your vehicle as, even though they might not be able to start it, they could still steal stuff from inside it. Also, if the key frees up the motorhome's steering-lock, towing the vehicle away would be simplified.

lancepar - 2013-03-14 6:16 PM

Prior to the theft his lockable Fiat fuel flap was stolen and he reckons a key was made from it, it's the same as the door and ignition..

B-)

I heard this too, so i bought an 'aftermarket' locking fuel cap, that should annoy them, if they go to the trouble of getting a key made, only to find it only unlocks the cap and NOTHING else.

Mind you i thought you had to have a transponder in the the key to disable the immobiliser ??

Oh, and another Milenco Wheel clamp, (with the 'tubes' filled with an explosive inflammable liquid) incase a cutting torch or Disc is applied, it might not save the van, but boy will they get a nasty shock.

>:-) Ray

Morning all,

I had deadlocks fitted by firm in Leeds. I can now lock each door with a separate key.The drivers windows acoated with hammerproof film. As ever, the weakest pont is the hab windows.

norm

Archived