On our way home, need a stopover

Hi

Just spent 3 months in Southern Spain (brill) but now reluctantly on our way home, we are leaving Valencia in the next few days, what I would like to know is if there is any free SAFE ISH stopovers, after Zaragossa but before you hit the border, aires or good carpark, we dont use tolls so not on them please.

Thanks in advance

fairweather camper - 2013-03-20 10:15 PM

Hi

Just spent 3 months in Southern Spain (brill) but now reluctantly on our way home, we are leaving Valencia in the next few days, what I would like to know is if there is any free SAFE ISH stopovers, after Zaragossa but before you hit the border, aires or good carpark, we dont use tolls so not on them please.

Thanks in advance

Which route do you plan to take from Zaragoza?

I looked at the campingcar-infos website (which will often give some clue as to the the desirability/safety of a stop-over) and, although there were several possibilities to the north-west of Zaragoza, between that city and the Spanish border, there weren't many to the north.

Dont know aout aires / free stop overs but there are a couple of ACSI sites passed Zaragossa, one at Villafranca and one the far side of Pamplona. We stayed at these on the way down in January and back 3 weeks ago, both 16€ per night.

Agree with comment about staying out there, wish we had its bitter cold here and snow on the way again!

Bob

Dont know aout aires / free stop overs but there are a couple of ACSI sites passed Zaragossa, one at Villafranca and one the far side of Pamplona. We stayed at these on the way down in January and back 3 weeks ago, both 16€ per night.

Agree with comment about staying out there, wish we had its bitter cold here and snow on the way again!

Bob

Hi there is a nice safe pleasant aire in the village of CASCANTE near Tuedela just north of Zaragoza.

It takes 40 motorhomes and there is water and chemical toilet emptying and best of all it is free.

It is a large flat carpark on the edge of the village next to the leisure centre.

Co-ordinates are 41.99416 North 1.68777 West

We stayed there in Febuary this year on our way back home from Benidorm and we shared it with approx 12 motorhomes.

A good web site is http://www.lapaca.org/areas/WPListacompleta_es.php

Look under Navarra for the aire at Cascante.

Hope this helps.

Keith

It depends which way you are going but I agree with the comments about the aire at Tudela and we often stop (along with many others) in the large car park by the river in Vielha, just before the border with France - we'll probably be there in about three weeks!

Archived