campsite snowdonia

camocam1

I have never had any problem with my motorhome-never been refused.

There are sites on the Beddgelert side of the range,the forestry site is handy for the Welsh Highland railway which has a station at Snowdon Ranger,at the start of the path to the top.

Also Capel Garmon has a couple of nice sites.

camocam1 - 2013-03-21 12:03 PM

thanks for that, I did look at this site but they say only take campervans or caravans NOT motorhomes which is a shame

I live in Beddgelert, Tony, the owner, and his wife certainly take motorhomes, however about fifteen miles from Snowdon railway but in the summer there is a regular bus. It is a good site that has been updated and improved on a regular basis. If you require specific info pm me. Their is another site called Cae Du near Harlech, did you get the wrong one? If you have a problem ask for Tony or Paula but I suspect you got the wrong site.

Muswell - 2013-03-21 1:04 PM

They have plenty of space so I suspect there is a policy of discouraging motorhomes within the park. A plus point for the smaller vehicle :-D

Their is certainly no policy to discourage M/H's in the park, however they do not like so called 'wild campers' so please use sites. A lot of vans have been using the main carpark in Beddgelert to stay overnight, these 'tight b*****s are going to cause height barriers being put up to the detriment of all.

I would suggest stopping at the Riverside Caravan Site in Betws y Coed, which is easy to get to just off the A5. It is affiliated to the Caravan Club and has good hard standing pitches. Necessary in North Wales!

The Sherpa Bus stops nearby (just over the railway) and runs through to Llanberis. I am sure it was £1 each last year so our total of £4 fare was less than the parking. Using the Sherpa buses has the advantage of taking the train up (or walking up) and walking down another route

http://www.morris-leisure.co.uk/caravan-parks/riverside/overview.htm

There is a nice basic site just on the edge of Bets-y-Coed called Hendre you can not pre book but providing you get there early on in the day you should have no problems. Riverside campsite is very regimented and expensive it makes Caravan Club sites look haphazard. You can find info on Hendre on the UK Campsites web site.

I have stayed before at a good pub site Snowdonia Park campsite, brewpub adjacent to a station on the Welsh Highland Railway. Not stayed for a few years and I had to get towed off on the Sunday so I don't know what its like now.see its website http://www.snowdonia-park.co.uk/

Waunfawr Railway Station - Waunfawr Railway Station lies on the Welsh Highland Railway line in Gwynedd, North Wales and has direct links to Plas y Nant, Snowdon Ranger, Rhyd Ddu

Archived