Autotrail seat

lancepar

lancepar - 2013-03-25 5:44 PM

How does one delete a message????

One doesn't.

You can edit a posting up to 30 minutes after it was first posted, so (if you realise you've written rubbish or resolved an inquiry yourself) you could blank out the original completely. However, if you did that without indicating that you'd deliberately done it, forum comedians would take the p***. In such circumstances it would be advisable to replace the original posting with something like "Posting deleted".

If you miss the 30 minutes deadline, all you can really do is add another posting rapidly to try to offset your previous posting.

The Forum Moderator can delete threads but, unless the thread consists of a single posting, I'm not sure if the Moderator can delete 'embedded' postings within a thread.

Derek Uzzell - 2013-03-25 6:57 PM

One doesn't.

You can edit a posting up to 30 minutes after it was first posted, so (if you realise you've written rubbish or resolved an inquiry yourself) you could blank out the original completely. However, if you did that without indicating that you'd deliberately done it, forum comedians would take the p***. In such circumstances it would be advisable to replace the original posting with something like "Posting deleted".

Awwwwwww, Derek! Don't suggest ways to prevent us having our bit of fun ... we do like to do a bit of p*** taking every now and then you know! Some of those 'blank' threads have brought out the fun side of the forum and given us lots of giggles as you simply never know what tangent it will go off into! (lol)

Mel B - 2013-03-25 9:55 PM

Derek Uzzell - 2013-03-25 6:57 PM

One doesn't.

Awwwwwww, Derek! Don't suggest ways to prevent us having our bit of fun ... we do like to do a bit of p*** taking every now and then you know! Some of those 'blank' threads have brought out the fun side of the forum and given us lots of giggles as you simply never know what tangent it will go off into! (lol)

Speak for yourself - if I want forum 'fun' I operate my favourite alter ego ("Doretta" from Chepstow - 7 childen, 6 cats and a Japanese partner working on a whaling ship) on mumsnet.

Archived