Good news for onefootinthegrave

John 47

Tomorrow we come to the end of our sunny winter in Spain (or is it a bedsit in Croydon?) and start the long slow journey northwards to join the rest of you in the cold. We don't know where we will be at any given time; we will just try to do it as slowly as possible in order to escape the snow. Consequently, we don't know where or when (or indeed if) we will have internet connection for the next few weeks.

All this means, of course, that onefoot will be free to air his usual rants without interuption from me - although I notice that he has recently decided to be obnoxious with Brian again, so maybe he had an inkling that I would be going away. (lol)

I will be back - but enjoy my absence - treat it as a holiday. :-D

Guest 1footinthegrave
donna miller - 2013-03-27 12:16 PM

Have a safe journey John.

However, you may have to drive really slow to avoid the snow though, it's coming down pretty hard here at the moment.

He must be going really slow if it's going to take him the next few weeks, perhaps he's got one of Daves bargain bangers :D

If he would have given me his address I'd have sent him a disc with some radio 4 podcasts on it, God knows how he's going to manage without his R4 from dawn to dusk..

Such a shame he's wasted so much of his time in Sunny Spain ranting on here though, never mind, obviously overwintering in Spain is not all it's cracked up to be, it's the last thing I'd do :D

1footinthegrave - 2013-03-27 12:46 PM

Such a shame he's wasted so much of his time in Sunny Spain ranting on here though, never mind, obviously overwintering in Spain is not all it's cracked up to be, it's the last thing I'd do :D

......you don't fancy an extended trip to Spain, do you? ;-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
Robinhood - 2013-03-27 12:55 PM

Are you paying ? :D

1footinthegrave - 2013-03-27 1:02 PM

I'm sorely tempted! B-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
Robinhood - 2013-03-27 1:13 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-03-27 1:02 PM

I'm sorely tempted! B-)

Perhaps you could help Therasa May out at the same time, she's looking to get rid of somebody.

Hate preacher Abu Qatada may never leave Britain after Home Secretary Theresa May lost the latest battle to kick him out.

Judges at the Court of Appeal admitted he is 'regarded as a very dangerous person' but said his human rights would be breached if he was deported to face terror charges in Jordan.

Pity he's not on these forums, now that would make interesting reading, especially for John47 I wonder if Abu tars us all with the same brush :D

Thanks, Donna. Looks like we may have to slow down even more than usual if you can't get rid of that snow! We always go reasonably slowly because we like to explore new places - and we love France (if it was warmer in winter, I don't think we would venture further south as much!).

And Robinhood, please relent - the community down here isn't ready for the onslaught!

Have a good Easter (even onefoot if he can learn not to be so miserable) and I'll be back online soon (knew you'd be pleased (lol) )

Safe journey John.

If you haven't done so and fancy a great place to visit - do try the Picos de Europa - around Potes especially. Really is a great part of Spain - so unlike the other regions. Local dialect is very similar to Welsh - as can be the weather! - it can be "interesting" benefiting from those warm wet westerlies hitting the mountains.

There are European Brown Bears and also Wolves there (tho we never seen any! )

A trip up the Fuente De when there is a must - and if you are fit a walk down is very rewarding.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1070758-d507159-Reviews-Parador_de_Fuente_De-Fuente_De_Cantabria.html

Then a slow trip up the West Coast of France would be my ideal.

>:-(

can you tell I am envious?

CliveH - 2013-03-27 2:37 PM

Safe journey John.

If you haven't done so and fancy a great place to visit - do try the Picos de Europa - around Potes especially. Really is a great part of Spain - so unlike the other regions. Local dialect is very similar to Welsh - as can be the weather! - it can be "interesting" benefiting from those warm wet westerlies hitting the mountains.

There are European Brown Bears and also Wolves there (tho we never seen any! )

A trip up the Fuente De when there is a must - and if you are fit a walk down is very rewarding.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1070758-d507159-Reviews-Parador_de_Fuente_De-Fuente_De_Cantabria.html

Then a slow trip up the West Coast of France would be my ideal.

>:-(

can you tell I am envious?

Hi Clive and thanks

Yes, we know the Picos very well - including Fuente De - and it is a wonderful area to walk in. We have not seen any bears either but just knowing they are there is kind of exhilarating!

Archived