New Autotrail Tracker RS

kelly58

We have picked up the new motorhome  to-day from Marquis Northampton every thing seems ok now just got to get loaded up for a shake down over Easter. A different layout to our other ones so its like a monkey puzzle as to where to put everything.

DSC00585.JPG.b895a7e3ed57d39aee1e54575bbe8a24.JPG

Our Tracker is nine years old now and has given me and the previous owner 44000 miles of stress free motorhoming.

We went looking for a replacement last week, we looked at Hymer, Rapide and Burnster as we had heard such good things about them. We were not impressed, so had a look at the new Trackers and Savannas and they were much better finished had facilities for motorhoming anywhere in Europe i.e full size oven and grill ample inside relaxing area and the added bonus of being made in Britain.

The only thing we noted with Autotrail is the need to select a model that gives an adequate payload for what we want,.payload can be restrictive due to the solid build quality.

No doubt I will get shot down in flames but hey it wont be the first time.

>:-) >:-)

kelly58 - 2013-03-27 7:47 PM

We have picked up the new motorhome  to-day from Marquis Northampton every thing seems ok now just got to get loaded up for a shake down over Easter. A different layout to our other ones so its like a monkey puzzle as to where to put everything.

lovely looker, enjoy your new m/h, is it 6 metres long.

We have just picked up a new Autotrail Tracker FB from Spinneys this week. Driven it back to Lancashire up the M6 and today had an alarm fitted. So we are now ready for action. First trip booked on Sunday for CC site at Grassington which has 5 ins of snow apparently. Should be able to test heating system!

Best of luck with your new van.

Autotrail have certainly got It right, looks perfect...were you like us, when you took everything out the old van you were amazed how much was in there.... We are still putting it back, trying to cut down but losing!!!

When the snow goes we will be off.....

Love the shape of your new van and hope it continues to please.

Have enjoyed reading this thread, it is great to hear of so many satisfied Autotrail owners flying the flag.

We have a Chieftain, had it almost five years and have enjoyed every minute we have spent in it.

Autotrail = British, quality and comfort.

Dave

Chase it direct with the factory. That's what we did and got a new firm date for the delivery which was stuck to. Turned out the dealer we bought it from was just telling us what we wanted to hear and had not even bothered to chase the factory for us!

Ours is also a 632. Brilliant layout.

A couple we met at the end of Feb who are now friends. Were so impressed with our Tracker that they went home and on the Monday morning went to there local dealer and asked if they could order a new Tracker FB, he phoned the Factory and said yes it will arrive on Wednesday, and true to his and Autotrail's word it did, they were then going away for a weeks winter break, when they returned it was ready to pick up having had all the Extra's fitted. They were then presented with a bottle of Champagne and not a cheap bottle either.

Thats what I call good service.

Thanks everyone for all your comments and good wishes. We went to a C&CC DA meet at Uppingham Friday  / Saturday to give it a shake down and test all involved . Its drives a dream every thing worked as you would expect it to. We are pleased we had the solar panel and extra battery fitted as there are a lot of extra 12v units to feed : Cooling Fan in the Oven and Grill / Extractor Fan in the Thetford Toilet Unit / Satelite TV System .the leisure battery never dropped below 12,6v all weekend. Although dry the outside temp never went over 3*c and was -5*c all night , but we were more than warm enough inside at all times as the gas fire was more than adequate on No 2.I now have a long list of " Jobs to Do " just to make it " Ours " , now lets hope it remains trouble free for us to enjoy .

kelly58 - 2013-03-31 1:36 PM

I now have a long list of " Jobs to Do " just to make it " Ours " , now lets hope it remains trouble free for us to enjoy .

WHAT!!!! 8-) You mean you're going to have to do stuff to it ... a coachbuilt no less!!!! *-) Rupert won't be impressed as he thinks they're all perfect straight away .... (lol) :D ;-)

Seriously, Kelvyn, after the messing around you've had previously I hope this one turns out to be exactly what you want and you have lots of fun with it. :-D

rudders - 2013-03-28 8:34 AM

lovely looker, enjoy your new m/h, is it 6 metres long.

Details here:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/Motorhomes/Reviews/Motorhomes/Motorhome-review-Auto-Trail-Tracker-RS/_ch1_rw1172_pg1

Have arrived at CC site in Grassington. Spent an interesting afternoon setting up the van. All seems to be well, very impressed with heating system which is just as well given conditions here. Also like the fantastic lighting options. Only problem I have is getting satellite TV on the main monitor. I have opted for a portable dish after frustrations with roof based system on last van. New van has been wired up to give easy access for external satellite dish, it appears on the dashboard monitor as auxiliary 2 but I cannot get it on main monitor. Any ideas?

Archived