Wooden sink covers..............

Spadge

Extremely long shot I know.....However, would anyone have tucked away in their attic / workshop a circular wooden sink cover for a Mobilvetta embossed with the Mobilvetta insignia. One of mine has been left against a radiator and warped badly .................

Sorry, can't help you with a Mobilvetta one, but I do have a plastic circular sink cover similar to this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elddis-Caravan-circular-kitchen-sink-chopping-board-ESCB1-/170969631826?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item27ce958c52

If it is any good let me know and I'll dig it out and measure it/photograph it for you, then we can 'talk turkey'. :-D :D

856916353_choppingboard.JPG.e18a556b3435f560ad2140b915660dc5.JPG

If all else fails, and providing its not made up of too many sections 'biscuited' together you could try steaming/soaking it and then clamping.

You have nothing to lose by leaving it soaking in hot water over night then encapsulating it with two nice chunky bits of ply [3/4"] and clamping it on all four corners - leave to dry naturally.

Worth a go.

Hi Mel B, appreciate the offer. However I'm going to try the 'Soak in water' before anything else because I would prefer to keep 'Moby' as original as possible. Many thanks though. (Might still have to 'Talk Turkey' later :-S

• 3 weeks later...

Quick message to Globebuster ! Tried the 'Soak in water' suggestion and it was reasonably successful. The cover is not completely flat but only has about 1/8" (3mm) bow now and that will do. Retains originality too ! Many thanks.

Thank you too for the offer 'Mel B' obviously no need now. Much obliged though. :-D

Glad it worked Spadge.

You might never get it entirely flat, but then again it is a natural material.

3mm sounds good to me [well better than ending up in to halves!] now if you want to take it one step further -

Get some Tung Oil, warm it up and liberally coat [it won't contaminate any foodstuffs] then clamp it again in a few weeks. Come to think of it....not worth bothering about ;-)

Archived