Peterborough Show

Tracker

So who is going then?

We plan to go if it stays dry and, just so as you know where to avoid, we will be in the public camping area from probably Thursday.

For those who would like to meet Dot, Rosie and I look forward to your company.

After last year didn't risk booking anything on the site.

We had a booking at Ferry Meadows for a week-end away with a drop in at the show, but now cancelled that( couple of months ago before anybody get's upset about late cancelling) and it will be a day trip out in the car if the weather is OK.

So all being well Friday is the day we want to go

Nice cup of coffee about 10 o'clock would be great Rich, no sugar for me,two for the Co-pilot

Cleo our spaniel enjoy's a Bonio or two if there are any going.

HWO

HWO - 2013-04-12 8:03 PM

Nice cup of coffee about 10 o'clock would be great Rich, no sugar for me,two for the Co-pilot

Cleo our spaniel enjoy's a Bonio or two if there are any going.

HWO

Our pleasure - but we don't do Bomios - but Rosie might spare you one of her chews if she is in the mood and you look deserving enough!

Weather forcast looks better for Saturday so we will be there for our annual play at dodge the doggies and mobility scooters  " O " what great fun . Missed out last year because of the Monsoons , but got a nice new umberella from Auto-Trail which I hope I will not need this year !!

kelly58 - 2013-04-19 8:32 AM

Weather forcast looks better for Saturday so we will be there for our annual play at dodge the doggies and mobility scooters  " O " what great fun . Missed out last year because of the Monsoons , but got a nice new umberella from Auto-Trail which I hope I will not need this year !!

Them " Retractable Dog Leads " want banning as far as i`m concerned ! They are downright Dangerous !

The last time we was at Peterborough ( 2 years back now ) the wife took a tumble because

of one.

Some couple chatting away to others without a care in the world let their " Precious Little

Poppet " run straight across the front of us to the other side of the walkway when it saw

another dog.

I saw it in time but the wife didn`t and she went flying ( thankfully not on the Aluminium walkway ).

They were more interested in their " Precious Little Poppet " than how the wife was !

They also wasn`t very keen on the mouthful i gave them either !

Wooie - 2013-04-19 8:50 AM
kelly58 - 2013-04-19 8:32 AMWeather forcast looks better for Saturday so we will be there for our annual play at dodge the doggies and mobility scooters  " O " what great fun . Missed out last year because of the Monsoons , but got a nice new umberella from Auto-Trail which I hope I will not need this year !!
Them " Retractable Dog Leads " want banning as far as i`m concerned ! They are downright Dangerous !The last time we was at Peterborough ( 2 years back now ) the wife took a tumble because of one.Some couple chatting away to others without a care in the world let their " Precious LittlePoppet " run straight across the front of us to the other side of the walkway when it sawanother dog.I saw it in time but the wife didn`t and she went flying ( thankfully not on the Aluminium walkway ).They were more interested in their " Precious Little Poppet " than how the wife was !They also wasn`t very keen on the mouthful i gave them either !

I totally agree those leads are dangerous and if it had been my wife that tumbled they would have had more than a mouthfull and the dog would have had a backside full of my size 11s.

We arrived late afternoon yesterday and as soon as we got pitched up we got 'Trackered' - nice to meet at last!!! After a brief tour of our van and a long natter and cuppa we finally managed to prize Rich from our camper and had some tea - only kidding Rich! :D Later we invaded the Tracker's 'mansion' and had a nice long chin wag with him and lovely Dot, and met mad-mutt Rosie who even allowed us to play with her favourite duck toy. (lol)

It was cool overnight but this morning it was dull but not too chilly, it warmed up during the day but then turned very cold around mid-afternoon with some looming grey clouds but fortunately we only had a little bit of rain, nothing to whinge about. By the time show closed we actually had some sun and a nice sunset but the temperature has dropped again so I think we're in for a cool night once more.

There are a lot of stalls here so we've had a really good mooch round, enjoying sampling some of the wares on offer - the Stilton sausages were a bit of an acquired taste but I quite liked the ale one. :D Then we got to sample the cheeses on another stall - the mango one was very nice - as well as having a bit of cheese and tomato toastie made with the Diablo toasted sarnie maker, all topped off by mushroom, green pepper and chicken cooked on the hob bbq grill stand (we've had one for years and they are really good). We've got a few bits and pieces including some reversing beepers for our new car ... I think hubby will have a duck fit when I get my drill out to fit them! Oh, also 12 x 3-tier cooking stands ... yes I did say 12 ... hubby has had some requests for them so he thought he'd get a few whilst we were here, although I did have to remind him that we don't have a coachbuilt with a garage now but surprisingly they've all gone in the van in the space under the centre of the bed.

There are a LOT of panel van conversion here, I've never seen so many, and lots of new layouts, so if you are looking for a PVC then get yourself here! There are also lots of coachbuilts here too and I must admit we did 'drool' a bit over the new Burstners - the ones with the tailgates that lift up, with 2 layouts: the T640 with longitudinal rear single beds (6.3m), and T600 with a transverse rear bed (6.0m), both of which were only 2.10m wide, just 2 inches more than a Fiat panel van! They looked very nice indeed at £49,000 and £45,000 approx respectively in goldish coloured bodywork with a few extras thrown in for good measure ... the T600 is very similar to our PVC but in coachbuilt form. Tempted - you betcha! Daft enough to buy one - nope!!! :D

Guest pelmetman
That explains it :D.......................I wondered why I passed so many campervans this morning when I was heading South for deliveries..........anyone get stuck on the M11 this afternoon?.........a tugger did a flip flop 8-)...........and why do the travel reports always tell you about it just as you join the end of the queue *-)

Guest JudgeMental
well looks like today is nice and sunny..not very warm but forecast decent enough...makes a change! And no I'm still not going!lol :-D

What a lovely day! Warm and sunny and not too much wind so able to discard jackets! Had a nice trip into Peterborough and hit the charity shops amongst other things. Went into Lakeland and bought a nice segmented strong storage bag reduced from £22 to £7 - lovely red colour so will use it in the back of the new car to keep it organised. :D Hubby bought a nice fleece top and I got a nice summer one (I'm hopeful!), plus a jigsaw puzzle by Jan van Haasteren (I collect them); we had a nice mooch round the market and found the bric-a-brac stall where we got a camping gaz bluet stove in a 'tin' that converts to a wind-shield complete with 2 full cannisters for £3. :-D

After returning to the show ground and having lunch we pottered round the show again with Tazzy to get her more used to people and dogs, we sampled the sausages again too! Bought a load of bits and pieces and had a lollypop from the Funsters' stand, looked at a load of the new vans again which was interesting, especially one small converter who was advertising his wares as being of quality and bespoke ... er, sorry, but no way would I buy one! The finish was awful and it was NOT cheap, I've seen much better home conversions! I won't say who it was but I hope anyone who does buy from them has a good look at how they are made and ensures that theirs is done 'properly'.

We have managed to resisted the temptation to buy the Burstner - nice though it is, we love our Accent which is very homely. This morning before going out we were sat with the big sliding door wide open with the sun streaming in, that just can't be beaten by a coachbuilt. B-)

Whilst in Peterborough we bought a nice tub of clotted cream vanilla ice cream from Asda for £2 (half price offer) so we'll be having that shortly ... yum ... better than paying £2 for a small tub at the show and there'll be plenty for tomorrow too! :->

Mel B - 2013-04-19 9:28 PM

We've got a few bits and pieces including some reversing beepers for our new car ... I think hubby will have a duck fit when I get my drill out to fit them!

Does your car weigh more than 2000kg? If not I believe they are illegal.

Road Vehicle Construction and Use Regulations 1986 rule 99.

PS Or perhaps you just mean parking sensors?

Archived