Aires/Google

cerro

I am trying to install Aires in France on to Google earth and also on to my tom tom. I have found the site airecampingcar.com and I have down loaded the Maps galaxy software, but I am unsure whether I need to download the tool bar too. In my Program files I have Maps Galaxy y39EI and when I go into it brings up 3 files to install one of which is 39EZSETP.dll and there I am stuck as I am not happy with the files.

In Google earth I can see File/Open and then where I can open the .GPX file to carry out the task but its the three files I dont under stand, if anyone can give me instructions I would be very grateful

Guest 1footinthegrave

Hi Cerro, you need "kml" files for google earth. Go here and scroll down to the bottom of the page, and choose Google Earth "kml". make a note of your download location, normally "downloads" in windows explorer.

From memory it may be a compressed file which needs expanding, double click on the downloaded file, make a folder to extract to, then open Google earth and choose "file" "open" on the very top left, then "browse" to the place you extracted the files too, they will then show up in Google earth, job done. You'll then be able to see the locations, I've included a part zoomed in image to show you.

I'll keep an eye on your post in case you need help with it, and of course the poi's are for your nav system are at the bottom of the same page as well, you will need the OV2 files which you will see under Tomtom.

Worth noting as well, there are many dodgy sites that offer downloads that may not be what they appear to be, especially if they prompt you to instal software, DON'T DO IT unless your very sure of what it is, and I have no idea of the software or files you have downloaded, so be careful if you don't mind the advice.

If you do not understand extracting files take a look here, the video shows how to both compress and decompress without any additional software like Winzip or winrar for example, hope that all helps you.

http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/

1530014893_GoogleEarthsnapshot.jpg.a957516af0b69916bdbcdc665dafedf5.jpg

Thank you 1Foot for your very kind help, I managed to sort it out yesterday took most of the day mind. one thing I can’t seem to sort out is I have got all the letters across Google earth like your attachment and I have been trying to delete them with no success I assume it can’t be done? I have put the attachment of archiescampings in my favourites as I think it will be useful. One again thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

cerro - 2013-04-15 11:27 AM

Thank you 1Foot for your very kind help, I managed to sort it out yesterday took most of the day mind. one thing I can’t seem to sort out is I have got all the letters across Google earth like your attachment and I have been trying to delete them with no success I assume it can’t be done? I have put the attachment of archiescampings in my favourites as I think it will be useful. One again thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

....whilst there are more elegant solutions with a bit of KML editing, you can probably achieve what you wish via the following:

In Google Earth (with the POIs displayed), down the left hand side locate the folder (in My Places or Temporary Places, depending on how you have stored them) containing you POIs (Archies Camping?) and right click and select properties.

Click the resulting Style/Colour Tab, and select the Share Style button (this applies changes of style to all the POIs in the folder).

Reduce the "label scale" to 0.0 and click OK.

The labels will disappear (though clicking on a pin will give details).

HTH

(edit for typo)

Archived