On Line Workshop Manuals

izzywhit

Has anyone had dealings with emanualsonline.com as they advertise complete workshop manuals for download at £9.99. These manuals it says are used by the motor trade and you can search for items related to your vehicle by Vin Number. I was just curious as to whether this is true.

I`ll watch with interest, a short while back i bought a similar program via Ebay for £9.99

That came as 3 CDs with all the Peugeot Logos on them and claimed exactly the same search

facility using the VIN or Registration Number.

It messed my laptop up big style after taking 4 hours ( it warns you in the instructions ) to load.

Hardly any of the programs worked and the search facility was non existent.

I got my money back....................... eventually.

Guest Peter James

I got one a couple of years ago. Its more of a spare parts catalogue than a manual. And to use it you need an internet connection to the manufacturers computer - which is designed to connect only with their main dealers who have subscribed to the service. They included a programme designed to impersonate a subscribing main dealers computer so that it would work. This programme could stop other programmes working - it was removable but a real pain to install it and remove it every time you wanted to look at the parts catalogue.

Altogether more trouble than it is worth.

PS: What vehicle are you looking for? there is a free manual for the X2/50 here - link: https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/X2-50-WORKSHOP-MANUAL-FREE/25980/31/

Guest 1footinthegrave
Cannot comment on the site in question, but I did buy a so called official Fiat Ducato workshop manual on CD from fleabay, whilst there was some useful information there were some glaring ommisions, like how to do a cambelt change, come back Haynes, all is forgiven. :-(

I bought one for a VW, it was a rip off of the VW dealers software and it did work, but not the access to the VW site, so that meant some things were missing.

It was a massive programme and memory hungry, I would guess that for £9.99 there is not much to lose?

What was useful was the VW times allowed for various jobs, and the parts lists.

H

Guest Peter James
hallii - 2013-04-23 2:22 PM

I bought one for a VW, it was a rip off of the VW dealers software and it did work, but not the access to the VW site, so that meant some things were missing.

I guess your copy must have expired. (access to the manufacturers site)

Mine probably has now - haven't looked at it for a couple of years as its more trouble than its worth.

Archived