i.o.w

zak2442

Evening Guys

Off to i.o.w next week for first time with M/H Which is 24 ft in length,can anyone suggest places to visit which would be ok with m/h and also places that would be best to avoid.

Cheers

Keith.

we have been three times this year, roads are badly potholed be careful, loads of 6'6" width restrictions I ignore these as they seem bogus not met one on the island where i have had to turn around I think they are a bluff to keep away large vehicles.

A nice place to parkup and enjoy the sea view is a town called seaview ignore the width restiction and you can parkup and enjoy a wonderful view across to mailand and of the ships etc.

watch out for animals legging it out in front as you drive long country roads especially the badgers,foxes, and phesants.

there is an almost endless list of places to visit

http://www.isleofwight.com/isle_of_wight_attractions.html

enjoy your trip

If those signs are circular with a red border it is an offence to fail to observe the prohibition. The vehicle may physically fit (as long as it doesn't meet someone else ignoring the prohibition coming the other way) but that's usually not the reason such signs are erected. You could be fined for ignoring them.

Archived