converting gas bbg

Cliffy

I am looking to buy a gas bbq, the Cadac mini looks like it meets our needs in size weight etc but it is powered by screw on gas cylinders. I would want to run it from the external gas point on my van . Is this doable without much trouble or is there another bbq that is similar in size and weight that runs from a gas point?

Guest JudgeMental
gocro - 2013-05-17 10:55 PM

Cadac Safari, low pressure.

Agree... A great little bbq and very versatile

Suggestion: buy one of these instead: The Coleman Dual Fuel Stove.

Sits on a table/stool/floor. Put a cast iron non-stick griddle pan on it and you have the best BBQ we've ever had.

Beauty is it runs for about a year on a teacup of 95 unleaded petrol (a fuel that is easily available all over Europe), doesn't get dirty, you can pack it away to the size of a small briefcase in about 5 seconds; takes about 1 minutes to bring out of van, open up and start up; works just fine in high winds; and you can also use it for " proper cooking" too.

You could even use it inside the van for cooking there in an emergency if you ran out of gas.

I bought ours about 15 years ago now, and it is honestly one of the best bits of kit I've ever bought.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coleman-Dual-Fuel-portable-stove-/221224561034?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Camping_CookingSupplies_ET&hash=item338202e98a

Hi Cliffy,

have alook on ebay, you will find two types of cadac safari chef that look identical, one is a high pressure version which requires gas canisters, the other is the low pressure version which can be connected to any supply via a hose, this is the one you want, i have one runs of my vans bbq point

snail

Cadac Safari Low pressure arrived today, looks just the job, I am looking forward to trying it out throughout June whilst we are in France.

Tesco could not deliver until early June :'( :'( ; which was no good to us as we would be away by then.

I bought it off Ebay from Hamilton Gas Products for £64.99 including delivery. Ordered on Tuesday received Monday evening delivered to the door Thursday, can't be bad.

Thanks to you all for your help and guidance.

Archived