Vets for Pets in France

peterjl

Hi We had our 4 year old labrador, Jess, vaccinated at christmas and are taking her abroad for the first time in September (previous to this she has been kennelled). Now the date is coming closer i am feeling slightly nervous and was wondering if anybody can recommend vets within a few hours drive of the train terminal at calais. Our train is 9am on Sunday so by my understanding she has to see the vet between 9am friday to 9am Saturday. Ideally i would usually plan to reach calais mid afteroon Saturday so vets a days drive away in direction of Lyon would be good but if i have to spend a day round Calais for peace of mind i will. Many thanks Peter

hi peter i have used the scheme from the start and always use Docteur Christine Petry, 1148 Boulevard General de Gaulle, 62100, Calais, tel 03 21 34 77 39. she operates an appointment only system but the last time i called there the assistant said i couldn't be seen that morning. after asking for directions to another vet i was seen straight away. the surgery is within walking distance of the calais aire de stationnement or there is parking on the road just up from the surgery. be aware that the tunnel staff will not allow entry to the terminal until 24hrs from the treatment regardless of the train time. i usually get the treatment done as soon as i can and turn up at the terminal after 24hrs and usually get an earlier train BUT some tickets don't allow this without paying a surcharge. mike

Hi peter. regular traveller abroad with doggy. we always use: Clinigue Veterinaire Du Parc St Pierre 73 Rue Aristide Briand 62100 Calais tel; 0321349388 We then stay on the aire at the harbour side (or previously at Cap Blanc Nez, but alas no more) Foxy

We took our 2 dogs to France for the first time this year and booked for last few nights at - http://www.campinglachaumiere.com/ - near St Omer. The owner works in the vets at St Omer and will arrange the vets appointment for you. The site was great place to finish the holiday in a nice relaxed manner, Bernadette and Guy, the owners are the best hosts you could wish for and the site is lovely, if a bit remote. Bar and resteraunt and swimming pool on site. It is acually featured ion this months MMM 'Four Tenners' feature. Vet speaks English and easy parking.

Guest starspirit
You did not say peterjl, but I assume your dog has a pet passport following rabies jabs etc 6 months ago? Also can I assume that you have booked the dog as a passenger as the tunnel charge for the priviledge? It will be our first time in France with the van and a dog in September and with nothing booked except the return tunnel trips it looks like being fun.

Archived