Flatterbox

crinklystarfish

Just dropped in out of curiosity and conclude from a brief dip into current threads that this remains quite some soap-box for bigotry, prejudice, megalomania, and malice; where the desired goal for many - rather than to broaden barren minds - is seemingly to belittle others and flatter pitiful self-esteem.

That such deeply rooted repugnance and impotent rage exists amongst a user group as apparently wholesome as campers is, though unsurprising, still disappointing.

For those that do genuinely make a contribution, it’s probably worth bearing in mind that outing someone who is thick and distasteful doesn’t make them less thick and distasteful, it just makes them thick, distasteful and enraged.

And no, the irony isn’t lost on me. Enjoy…

Why don't you come and join the fun, Crinkly? It's been getting a bit 'samey' on here at times!

Anyway you all seem to go 'hammer and tongs' at each other on the 'Motorhome matters' section -- whether it is A-frames, wildcamping.v.sites/aires/etc.P.V.C's versus coachbuilts, or what-have-you, it can all get more than a bit heated ( and personal) at times!

Cheers,

Colin.

crinklystarfish - 2013-05-31 9:56 AM

Just dropped in out of curiosity and conclude from a brief dip into current threads that this remains quite some soap-box for bigotry, prejudice, megalomania, and malice; where the desired goal for many - rather than to broaden barren minds - is seemingly to belittle others and flatter pitiful self-esteem.

That such deeply rooted repugnance and impotent rage exists amongst a user group as apparently wholesome as campers is, though unsurprising, still disappointing.

For those that do genuinely make a contribution, it’s probably worth bearing in mind that outing someone who is thick and distasteful doesn’t make them less thick and distasteful, it just makes them thick, distasteful and enraged.

And no, the irony isn’t lost on me. Enjoy…

Its called Chatterbox , you discuss things , may get a bit heated at times but with the subjects that get discussed as in real life face to face debate there can be fall outs .

A lot of the discussion centres on the big issues in the news and unfortunately a lot of the news of late has been centred on one religious group ( I'm not trying to start another post on the subject ) opinions differ on the subject as it does if you walked into any pub or club , its called real life we don't all have the same opinions and there are plenty of other chatrooms to take part in .

Guest pelmetman

Chatterbox is like Motorhome Matters...........but without the aires versus campsite bigots.........or the PVC versus CB bigots...........etc etc ;-)...................all of which often degenerate into a bitching match (lol).......

So perhaps "those without sin" should only post >:-).....................It'll be a pretty quiet forum 8-)

Chatterbox is also for people who have other interests than just motorhoming ;-) ...............

Some folk need to get out more me thinks . I tend not to buy papers that lean to the left , my choice , don't need to give them my hard pinched cash when The Sun has far more pictures . Chatterbox is a free chatroom that allows views from the left , right and centre ground live disgracefully together and unlike the papers its free .

Its a choice thing ain't it , buy a paper you like to read the views you like , enter a free chatroom with multiple views and your not going to like some of them , if you can't hack it don't click on the Chatterbox section and then you don't have to whine and winge about alleged bigotry etc .

You are so right (I mean correct!) -- neither of them politically -- Antony -- you and I often agree to disagree on various topics -- but it's like a good pub natter -- if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

I Couldn't agree more with you on this one!

Cheers,

Colin.

antony1969 - 2013-05-31 1:19 PM

.........................Its a choice thing ain't it , buy a paper you like to read the views you like ....................... ,

...................... then cut and paste them on the forum !

(lol)

Guest pelmetman
Symbol Owner - 2013-05-31 1:37 PM

You are so right (I mean correct!) -- neither of them politically -- Antony -- you and I often agree to disagree on various topics -- but it's like a good pub natter -- if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

I Couldn't agree more with you on this one!

Cheers,

Colin.

I'd like to disagree >:-) ......................................but dam it I can't (lol) (lol)

Archived