Stuck in mud who,s problem

enodreven

Never been stuck yet but always check the ground before parking on grass and carry a tow rope.

Last June had to get towed onto a pitch at Upton Jazz Festival. One of my Hymer colleagues had a new van with Traction Plus, works a lot better than the stand Fiat Traction Control, cuts in at much lower wheel speed.

Am off to Cornwall today to a site that was flooded last June ,and has got a bit soft this year ,so am taking my breadcrates hope they will suffice.pictured myself sunbathing all week ! Nah that's just not gonna happen ..... Again!

Hi,

Thanks for all the suggestions and tips, I do however think there can be occasions where the ground is perfectly OK that afternoon/evening when you arrive but over night the heavens open and the ground which you and the owner felt was OK turns into a mud bath.

The question is in this type of situation who's responsible for getting you off ?

I thought the 2 main clubs would of covered this type of situation in there rules and regulations but I have been unable to find anything, does anyone know if they have anything in writing covering this type of situation ?

I swapped from using chunks of ply & scaffold planks to park up on, to using four of these a few years back:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hand+Tools/Ground+Drainage/Ground+Guard+Single+Tile/d10/sd3226/p94411

They've helped us get off some really muddy festival sites....

..and similarly to Lenny, irrespective of what the weather is doing/has done,I always use them when ever we pitch up on grass.

Only time we have been bogged down was in France after a night's hard rain and thunderstorm.

Our Rapido gracefully sank into some mole tunnels. So I go to the office and ask for help doing my mole impersonation.

"Aha , c'est les taupes " said the receptionist.

Return to the M/home and find a (collective noun for a collection of french men in conversation) with my wife discussing our situation. There was much debate about "les taupes"

We were pushed off the pitch by as many French men, you can get around a 8 metre 3.5 ton vehicle.

I was left with the feeling that had a Hymer, Burstner or UK Swift we would not have as much help (that may be a little unkind on my judgement)

An English man having a French Rapido, was definitely a point in my favour..

Then the the site's tractor arrived, and we left everyone, with our "mercies" to discuss the "taupes"

Back to the question, responsibility is probably down to both parties, but its your pride and joy up to its axles in mud, so make sure you have the towing eye to hand !

Rgds

Archived