Espana Discovery

alan

Hi Folks

We're shortlyoff to visit Northern Spain. We have, in the past, used French Passion and the Italian equivalent Green Stop. Has anybody used Espana Discovery in Northern Spain? Be grateful for any comments.

Regards, Alan

We too are heading for Northern Spain shortly and I too looked at the Espana Discovery website, where I found it very short on facts - like how many locations and where they are - and for 27 Euros I concluded that we would not get the use to justify the cost.

However I would be delighted to be proven wrong if anyone else has any info please?

We have the Vicarious books guide to Aires for Spain and Portugal and there does seem to be a reasonable scattering of about 60 between Donostia, Burgos & Vigo, but whether they will be in the right places at the right time remains to be seen!

Hi

You will enjoy Northern Spain, but in my experience you should not expect Spanish Aires to be quite like the Aires in France. They tend to be in crummy areas, often scattered with rubbish. My advice is to have a plan B and if possible an alternative campsite. That said they are by no means all that way! Have fun

Dave and Wilson

• 2 weeks later...

Can't comment on Espania Discovery but can highly recommend just following your nose for places to stay in Northern Spain.

We spent a fabulous month there a couple of years ago and found lots of Aires and wildcamping locations that were all OK'd with the Guardia before we stayed over.

Our blog contains many of the details of that trip http://motorhomingwithneilmac.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00:00:00Z&updated-max=2012-01-01T00:00:00Z&max-results=32

Hi Alan;

I just copied this from the website;

Types of stops:

Farm - 6

Vineyards - 81 (6 of these are not overnight stops)

Cider maker - 5

Oil Mill - 2

Restaurant - 29

Shop - 5

Brasserie - 1

Country House - 1

Spa - 1

Craft Centre - 2

Based on this I would only want to stop at the farms, cider makers and the oil mill; so on that basis I'd give it a miss. We plan our trips around produce that we can buy, so not interested in vineyards, even if a free overnight pitch. Looks as though it will be some time before Spain has anything like France Passion.

Also not impressed that there's no map with an indication of locations,

cheers

alan b

Archived