French sites.

Brian Kirby

Here's one to start the ball rolling: France, NW from Montlucon on D916, on edge of village of Huriel.  Camping Municipal Le Moulin de Lyon.  Signposted in village, narrowish road to site but passing possible. 

In valley, by stream: idyllic.  Quiet, some permanent units but plenty of touring spaces.  Toilets, showers water.  Toilet waste disposal but no M/H services.  No shop: stock up and empty out before arriving. 

"Mobile" warden visits evenings and mornings, let yourself in and pitch yourself on arrival.  Motorhome + 2 June 2006, 5.95 € / night (No, really!).  In Caravan Europe Guide 2006, p413, under Montlucon.

Le Guide Officiel 2006 Camping Lacs Et Rivieres we bought in the local Super u hypermarket over 2500 lakes & rivers to camp at 10E it cost . It also has all the local activities on the lakes & rivers canoe fishing ski Kyak boating Along with the municipal sites . Hope this is helpful to people who would like to stay by the rivers & lakes. and don't know this is out there... *-)

Very interested in your book. This year we have decided to explore the lakes and rivers. But we leave shortly. If you dont mind lending it. Promise I'll return it

Jo sorry , leaving friday morning ourself tell me where you are going i will look them up for you sorry we will need it going to the vendee and on the way back stopping at various places in the book........... Out of interest you can buy in most presse shops Jo sorry when I said I would dig it out I should of made it plainer .I meant to tell everyone the name of it .As i said will gladly look up any for you.....

Guest starspirit
Flippin 'eck it won't 'arf be quiet on here when Michellllle goes away won't it? I do hope your van is watertight Michele as camping ON a lake can be very dodgy othrwise!

I have just received the http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm DVD came within three days of ordering off the web. The DVD works very well and is an image of the link above on the web, a cut down version is available on CD, and I believe the CD in it's entireity could be loaded onto a laptop HD. However - the DVD will not load onto the laptop HD I have found. This appears to be due to one of the directories on the DVD exceediing the number of files that can be loaded onto a FAT32 formatted HD. Regards Terry

• 5 months later...
We've had no problems loading the CAMPING CAR INFOS CD contents and it works perfectly ... The trick is to make a new directory (say: C:\campingcarinfos) then COPY the entire CD to that location. Go back and search for the file called Index.htm and then copy this file location as a desktop ikon. It should be something like C:\Campingcarinfos\PC\Campingc\Index.htm Right click to select an appropriate icon afterwards. Clicking on this will open the web site in Internet Explorer as if you were on line with all functions - to save space you can be clever and no bother copying some of the subsidiary files such as the sat nav location files. Hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE]Terrytraveller - 2006-08-07 9:39 PM I have just received the http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm DVD came within three days of ordering off the web. The DVD works very well and is an image of the link above on the web, a cut down version is available on CD, and I believe the CD in it's entireity could be loaded onto a laptop HD. However - the DVD will not load onto the laptop HD I have found. This appears to be due to one of the directories on the DVD exceediing the number of files that can be loaded onto a FAT32 formatted HD. Regards Terry [/QUOTE] Where did you get it Terry?

Mike

Follow Terry's link to the site, enter the site (entrez site) then click on the CD pic centre bottom.  You'll see it is available outside France (a l'etrangere) for 16.50 Euro.  Credit card via PayPal.

If you want to use the site itself, look down the column on the left of the first "page".  Look for "rechercher un aire", click on that and you'll get a map of France, showing the departements numbered.  Click on the one you're interested in and you will see where the aires are, as well as having the option of getting a printable list.  Alternatively click on an aire symbol on the departement map and the details will open.  You can get a brief description of how it works in English from this "page" by following the "English" link top left.

Don't be too hard on them, they are French and don't necessarily speak English, and the site is an amateur production.  If you really explore you'll find they have even sniffed out two aires in UK!

[QUOTE]Brian Kirby - 2007-02-11 7:17 PM

Mike

Follow Terry's link to the site, enter the site (entrez site) then click on the CD pic centre bottom.  You'll see it is available outside France (a l'etrangere) for 16.50 Euro.  Credit card via PayPal.

If you want to use the site itself, look down the column on the left of the first "page".  Look for "rechercher un aire", click on that and you'll get a map of France, showing the departements numbered.  Click on the one you're interested in and you will see where the aires are, as well as having the option of getting a printable list.  Alternatively click on an aire symbol on the departement map and the details will open.  You can get a brief description of how it works in English from this "page" by following the "English" link top left.

Don't be too hard on them, they are French and don't necessarily speak English, and the site is an amateur production.  If you really explore you'll find they have even sniffed out two aires in UK!

[/QUOTE] Thanks Brian I will try to buy one.

[QUOTE]Brian Kirby - 2007-02-11 7:17 PM

Mike

Follow Terry's link to the site, enter the site (entrez site) then click on the CD pic centre bottom.  You'll see it is available outside France (a l'etrangere) for 16.50 Euro.  Credit card via PayPal[/QUOTE] Done. I look forward to it arriving. B-)

Archived