Wallenda

antony1969

If you get the chance to see some of the programme on Nik Wallenda high wire across the Grand Canyon which was on the box last night then hopefully you will think as I did some of the clips were pretty good .

Whatever reason he does it ego , money whatever the man has nerves of steel .

antony1969 - 2013-06-25 9:21 AM

If you get the chance to see some of the programme on Nik Wallenda high wire across the Grand Canyon which was on the box last night then hopefully you will think as I did some of the clips were pretty good .

Whatever reason he does it for, ego , money, or whatever, the man has nerves of steel .

Too right Antony, he sure has nerves of steel -- they said somewhere that he comes from 5 generations of a famous circus family -- so was it his grandma & granddad I saw as: "The Flying Wallendas" ( trapeze artists) with Chipperfields Circus 60 years ago? Could well have been, Antony, Nik certainly has their skill and courage in abundance.

Cheers,

Colin.

Symbol Owner - 2013-06-25 3:43 PM

antony1969 - 2013-06-25 9:21 AM

Whatever reason he does it for, ego , money, or whatever, the man has nerves of steel .

Too right Antony, he sure has nerves of steel -- they said somewhere that he comes from 5 generations of a famous circus family -- so was it his grandma & granddad I saw as: "The Flying Wallendas" ( trapeze artists) with Chipperfields Circus 60 years ago? Could well have been, Antony, Nik certainly has their skill and courage in abundance.

Cheers,

Colin.

Same family Colin. I saw them in Belgium in 1958, they walked from ground level up to the top of a 10 story building, It's the only time I've seen them with a net because of the strain on the calf musles walking uphill, it can easily cause cramp and I can believe it, he was carrying one of the girls, she was stood on his sholders. They had two wires strung up so that they went up in pair's side by side. At the end they rode motorbikes up with four people on each bike with the net taken away and with a trapeze slung underneath it as a counterbalance. Quite a large family of them and all worked on the trapeze and wire, I think Nik is 7th generation.

You did see them at Chipperfields because I saw them there also, that was at Manchester but a bit earlier than 1958. He walked across Niagera Falls last year. I think there was an accident years ago when they tried to carry some of the family sat on chairs three high in one of their stunts, not sure how many were killied but I think it was two and some badly injured. Last night I was getting Vertigo watching it 8-) Brave Man.

Dave

Archived