Crinkly on tour?

bolero boy

You're not on about the 4 pensioners who were travelling around in a motorhome and when not doing so were going around on some sort of 2-seater (side by side) cycle which appeared to be pulling a single seat tricycle followed by a mobility buggy! I managed to snap this photo of some of the 'kit' on a trailer at an aire we stayed at but the day earlier I'd seen them going along the road 'in convoy' in the opposite direction to us but wasn't quick enough to get my camera.

trailer.jpg.567673feabaa664fb5e5a93204bb6280.jpg

Hi Mel, no these were two pictures I took of 'tiptruck' type MHs complete with 4WD, large go anywhere tyres etc. We also came across a travelling pair of Land Rover Defenders with folding tents on the roof, very interesting.

Whats the best way to resize the pics, I was trying last night but gave up......lol.

bolero boy - 2013-07-09 9:40 AM

Hi Mel, no these were two pictures I took of 'tiptruck' type MHs complete with 4WD, large go anywhere tyres etc. We also came across a travelling pair of Land Rover Defenders with folding tents on the roof, very interesting.

Whats the best way to resize the pics, I was trying last night but gave up......lol.

Try this, free download.

http://www.picresize.com/

Seen on the Aire at Epernay, it was being driven by a wonderful lady in her seventies, she showed me pictures of the foldout roof room, its called a Marco Polo was designed for going on Land Rover Roof to be used for safaris. made the image too small will try again.

GEDC0549.jpeg.4dade3d2e611add6780a3a4af4ec8b20.jpeg

bolero boy - 2013-07-09 9:40 AM

If you want to email the photos I'll sort them out for you, I'll PM you my email address.

Mel

Iain Strachan - 2013-07-10 11:26 AM

Thanks Mel, I resized using the picresize programme recommended on here. I have sinced removed the programme as it appears to have downloaded with a lot of other unwanted junk! Nothing is for FREE is it!

Cheers Iain

...if you're using Windows, and don't want to use 3rd party software, then the aforementioned Microsoft Picture Manager, or indeed "Paint" are quite sufficient for the purposes of this forum.

Right-click on the desired photo and see if you have either (or both) of these on the "Open With..." option and select one if you have.

Then simply resize, (immediately obvious on "Paint"; under the "picture" menu on Picture Manager)retaining the aspect ratio and using the appropriate pixel width dimensions (you'll soon find many pixels goes below the 100KB mark), and "Save As" (making sure you use a .jpg file extension if you want to display on here).

Thanks Mel, I resized using the picresize programme recommended on here. I have sinced removed the programme as it appears to have downloaded with a lot of other unwanted junk! Nothing is for FREE is it!

Cheers Iain

I recomended that but should have said do not download, sorry about that. What I do is save it in my favorites and use without downloading.

Robinhood - 2013-07-10 1:49 PM

Cheers Iain

...if you're using Windows, and don't want to use 3rd party software, then the aforementioned Microsoft Picture Manager, or indeed "Paint" are quite sufficient for the purposes of this forum.

Right-click on the desired photo and see if you have either (or both) of these on the "Open With..." option and select one if you have.

Then simply resize, (immediately obvious on "Paint"; under the "picture" menu on Picture Manager)retaining the aspect ratio and using the appropriate pixel width dimensions (you'll soon find many pixels goes below the 100KB mark), and "Save As" (making sure you use a .jpg file extension if you want to display on here).

I've found the easiest way of reducing the size of a picture to put on here is to actually COMPRESS it rather than resize.

I find the photo I want to reduce and copy it (so I don't change the original), I then open the copy with Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

On the top menu bar I click on 'Picture' and select 'Compress Pictures', this then gives the below options on the right of the screen (click on one of the blobs to select which you want to use):

o Don't compress

o Documents

o Web Pages

o E-mail messages

I find that the 'Web Pages' one is the best to use as it usually takes it below the 'magic 100k' size limit, once it's compressed I save it and just post it on the forum. :-D

Robinhood - 2013-07-10 1:49 PM

Cheers Iain

Hi Robin, dont have MS Office so dont have Picture Manager. Have opened with Paint but not 'immediately obvious' to this wizened IT Jurassic.................

Mel, thanks for the offer. I would like to try and get this right myself, not that the photos are that interesting, but so that i can do it another time without having to get help :-D Now i know why i had that lovely PM in my inbox, hope i didnt confuse you too much with my reply.

Being non-techy, I'm not sure how relevant and/or helpful this'll be but 'ere goes...

We have Windows 7( ? ) and we just resize our photos from where we're viewing them :-S .....

Whilst viewing in: My Pictures

Bring up image req'd > Click "Edit,organise or share"(top left in tool bar)

Then ensure image is selected(ticked)

Right Click on the image...this brings up a menu box containing a resize option>Click that>

Then in "Maximun dimensions" I usually enter "350"(..350 what, I have no idea! (lol) )and then "resize and save"...

(Sometimes "350" has been too big..and yet other times it has posted but the image has been quite small...)

Hope that is helpful...

Archived