Cameron the turtle

donna miller

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old farmer, whose hand was caught in the squeeze gate while working his herd,

the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man.

Eventually the topic got around to David Cameron and his role as Prime Minister.

The old farmer said, 'Well, ya know, Cameron is a 'Post Turtle''.

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him, what a 'Post Turtle'

was.

The old farmer said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced

on top, that's a 'Post Turtle'.

The old farmer saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain.

"You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he's elevated beyond his ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put him up there to begin with.

I was listening to the radio the other day and heard who I thought was David Cameron being interviewed ... it was only a minute or two later when the interviewer said 'Nick' that I realised it was Nick Clegg ... are they turning into the same 'being' 8-)

Guest peter
Yes and they're both way out of their depth. Especially as regards the non existent recovery that they keep telling us is about to happen. Reminds me of that idiot john major who kept seeing the "green shoots of recovery. :D

peter - 2013-07-10 10:39 PM

Yes and they're both way out of their depth. Especially as regards the non existent recovery that they keep telling us is about to happen. Reminds me of that idiot john major who kept seeing the "green shoots of recovery. :D

Come on Peter , I don't think even you would want to trust Dead Milly and Balls with it at the moment would you ?

donna miller - 2013-07-10 6:25 PM

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old farmer, whose hand was caught in the squeeze gate while working his herd,

the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man.

Eventually the topic got around to David Cameron and his role as Prime Minister.

The old farmer said, 'Well, ya know, Cameron is a 'Post Turtle''.

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him, what a 'Post Turtle'

was.

The old farmer said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced

on top, that's a 'Post Turtle'.

The old farmer saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain.

"You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he's elevated beyond his ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put him up there to begin with.

Classic, and so true.

Archived