Ultraseal Tyre Compound

Keith T

Some years ago, I had this compound put into my then new motorhome tyres, by a company in Exeter, and also when replacing the front ones later on, by a company in the south-east.

Whilst I still have the name and address of the Exeter company, they do not seem to be listed any longer, and I wonder if anyone has details of a supplier/installer in the South west.

I have also looked for a website for Ultraseal ,but can only find a link to what appears to be the US one.

I now need to new set of 4 tyres, and wish to have this solution/compound put it.....any information anyone can provide will be most useful to me.

Thanks

Keith T - 2013-07-14 7:27 PM

Some years ago, I had this compound put into my then new motorhome tyres, by a company in Exeter, and also when replacing the front ones later on, by a company in the south-east.

Whilst I still have the name and address of the Exeter company, they do not seem to be listed any longer, and I wonder if anyone has details of a supplier/installer in the South west.

I have also looked for a website for Ultraseal ,but can only find a link to what appears to be the US one.

I now need to new set of 4 tyres, and wish to have this solution/compound put it.....any information anyone can provide will be most useful to me.

Thanks

UK and Europe

Ultraseal International

Godiva Place, Coventry,

England, UK, CV1 5PN

Tel: +44 024 7625 8444

Fax: +44 024 7655 1402

Email: sales@ultraseal.co.uk

www.ultraseal.co.uk

However, the Exeter Company is called Puncturesafe. I have used them. If you give them a call they will arrange for a local mobile tyre fitter to install the product at your home. Details here:

http://puncturesafe.co.uk/home1.htm

Thanks for this. I will have a look at the website, and contact them once I have established where I can get the tyres from.......any ideas on that one, I prefer Michelin Camping Agila, but having just returned from France, have not yet had a chance to check availability locally.

Keith T - 2013-07-14 8:31 PM

Thanks for this. I will have a look at the website, and contact them once I have established where I can get the tyres from.......any ideas on that one, I prefer Michelin Camping Agila, but having just returned from France, have not yet had a chance to check availability locally.

You can order them online here:

http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres

and get them fitted at Broadmeadow in Teignmouth.

I'm not 100% sure yet, as I have to make some more phone calls, but I think the Company your refer to actually use the Ultraseal product.

If this is one and the same as I had previously, then it is used mostly by commercial vehicles, buses etc, and will certainly work - in my case - with tyre pressure of well up to 80PSI..

In fact I have driven the last 100miles through France with a screw in the front tyre, and it has held OK....!

I had puncture safe in previous m home and it worked ok, we did 1700 miles with it in no problems, this included a trip in the Sahara. Not got round to putting it present vehicle yet. Son in laws Brother had it in his m cycle tyres when he did The Long way Round trip, solved all his punctures, and you aint going to drive over the sort of roads he did.

David

Mike88 - 2013-07-14 7:54 PM

Hi Mike

I had a look at this, and was surprised by the cost quoted. In the end I looked around locally, and initially Vospers at Exeter (Fiat agency) initially quoted £123 per tyre fitted, but subsequent asking to toconfirm, revealed they were going to fit standard Agilis not Camping spec tyres! Ultimately I am using National Tyres in Exeter, who have done a great deal with me for 4 Agilis Camping tyres, at a price I won't post here, but if you are interested I will PM to you...it's a lot less than the internet price quoted though!.

Keith T - 2013-07-20 12:54 AM

Mike88 - 2013-07-14 7:54 PM

Hi Mike

I had a look at this, and was surprised by the cost quoted. In the end I looked around locally, and initially Vospers at Exeter (Fiat agency) initially quoted £123 per tyre fitted, but subsequent asking to toconfirm, revealed they were going to fit standard Agilis not Camping spec tyres! Ultimately I am using National Tyres in Exeter, who have done a great deal with me for 4 Agilis Camping tyres, at a price I won't post here, but if you are interested I will PM to you...it's a lot less than the internet price quoted though!.

Well done. I'm OK for tyres but glad you are sorted. If you decide to go ahead with Puncturesafe/Ultraseal the Exeter people arranged for a mobile fitter to do the job on my drive at a cost of around £50 for the 4 tyres. As we are near neighbours I guess you will be able to get the same service.

Archived