Trigano Tribute...should i , help

Manu

Considering changing the van & looking at Tribby 650, anyone got one or had any experience of them & what to look out for, bad or good plz !

Probably on a 09 or 10 plate.....i know about tribby.co.uk but an unbiased opinion is important.

Thanks, Phil.

Sorry,probably a view based on out-of date info' ;-) ..but when we looked at one a few years ago(I think whilst we still had an '03 Duetto?),the ones we looked at seemed to have a "self-build/conti-board" look to them..

Having said that,we had a quick look in a "nearly new", X250 based AutoSleepr PVC a few weeks back...and that seemed to suffer from a similar trait! :-S

(..with the knock-on/iron-on board edging peeling off, along with some "homemade" looking cabinet/ latch work etc)

Sorry,none of the above is helpful in any way..is it... *-) (lol)

Guest JudgeMental
Manu - 2013-07-15 11:57 AM

Thanks Judge....have done that, just thought i would see what us lot think....yours is in the frame too, tell me about the Fiat side , are you happy with it ?

very happy with the drive/fuel consumption, so car like to drive and a pleasure....The brilliant king size bed,(sprung mattress) large fridge, plus 2 heki rooflights among the reasons why we went for it....2 years and zilch problems, except sliding door playing up a bit.

if you are contemplating lots of winter camping I would look at Possl/Globecar vans

Guest 1footinthegrave

We had a 2004 van, quite frankly unless the interior design has changed radically we found it an absolute nightmare, bed making involved more cushion shuffling than we have ever had,and even then was uncomfortable, the toilet was like sitting on a high stool,with the door back to front, and the insulation was abysmal making it very cold, we got shot of it after just 4 months, only slight plus side was an eberspacher heater, but even that was underslung making servicing a nightmare. In short we thought it was crap,probably one of the worst purchases we have ever made, there are far better out there IMO..

In short should you, a most definite no from me I'm afraid.

Afternoon all,

I have had the Adria twin since jan 09 and I can reiterate judges comments we have now placed an order for a globecar which is on the extra long body. I have been told that the adria spx is to be on sale in UK oct.

norm

Guest JudgeMental
goldi - 2013-07-15 1:04 PM

Afternoon all,

I have had the Adria twin since jan 09 and I can reiterate judges comments we have now placed an order for a globecar which is on the extra long body. I have been told that the adria spx is to be on sale in UK oct.

norm

would have went for the SPX if it had been out in 2011. the larger lounge a real plus in a panel van. which globecar have you gone for. I would like to get the 636 FR

Opinions & options hey.....big thanks Judge, Michael & all, keep em coming.

Must say ,do like the Globecar & Adria models.

Experience counts for everything, much more than a pushy sales person !

Only her & me now so downsize is no issue....just need a swop now, cut out the dealer ... we should be so lucky !

Thankyou

Guest 1footinthegrave

You would expect me to say this, but take a look at the IH range, a big plus for us is the lack of rear doors with wrap around rear lounge, quite unique in the PVC market,very pricey from new, but you could find a good second hand one, as we did. ;-) compared to the Trigano it replaced would be like comparing a Reliant Robin, to a Rolls Royce.

http://www.ihmotorhomes.com/

JudgeMental - 2013-07-15 1:29 PM

goldi - 2013-07-15 1:04 PM

Afternoon all,

norm

would have went for the SPX if it had been out in 2011. the larger lounge a real plus in a panel van. which globecar have you gone for. I would like to get the 636 FR

We have gone for the family scout l. the l stands for l shaped lounge. The larger lounge is the the only reason we are changing also I would have liked to se the Adria spx if I had known before ordering the globecar.

norm

Archived