Van conversions

rolandrat

The marketing men seem to be going flat out trying to convert motorhome owners to downsize to van conversions. As an ex owner of an IH conversion I have some experience and one consideration I want to pass on is security. With a coach built the habitation windows are much higher making it harder for a would be break in and valuables can't be seen as easily where as van conversion windows are much lower and very easy to break into and gain access. I know the cab windows are of a similar height but the cab doors can be secured from the inside by various methods. There are so many pros and cons for downsizing and at the end of the day it's down to personal choice, I liked my IH but my wife hated it because of the lack of space so reluctantly it had to go.

I'm not quite sure if I've got the gist of your post :-S

..but I would've thought that generally speaking a PVC would be more secure than a CB?... :-S (proper metal doors with central locking etc...)

RE: Window positions

If you just glance to the right >>>>and look at the ad' for the Summer 2013 MMM,it shows a PVC with windows that are no lower than those of a good many CBs..and PVC windows also tend to be a bit smaller(..especially compared to something like a U shaped lounge CB...)..

And if someone is daft enough to leave valuables in view/reach of a "plastic" window, then the odd few inches either way in height , isn't going to stop a thieving scumbag anyway... ;-)

Archived