Sprung a leak - Help!

Bolly1965

I seem to have sprung a leak inbetween the fresh water filler and the fresh water tank. Does anyone know what that tubing is called (looks like a hoover hose!) - better still, anyone know where i can get replacement hose?

2004 Bessacar E765

Thanks

Guest pelmetman
If its the black ribbed stuff, then any large garden center that has a pond section ;-).............its comes in all different sizes, I suspect yours has split between one of the ribs, you can do a temporary fix with some of that tape stuff :D

Best place for that is a marina or boat chandlers where all sorts of tubing tends to be stocked but without knowing where you are I doubt anyone who is not telepathic will know where to send you.

Possibly places like Charles & Son or O'Leary's or CAK tanks might be able to supply online but you will need to get the old one off to find the length and internal diameter needed.

This tubing tends to be very rigid too so if it is too large jubilee clips might not tighten it to form a good enough seal.

If you're on the road somewhere and need to make an emergency repair, then most DIY stores do the waterproof, rather gooey, but very effective, gaffa tape stuff.....so long as you can get at the flexible pipe well enough to clean it then wrap the tape around the bit that has split.

Or just fill the tank from the big screw-off lid using watering can etc till you can replace the filler pipe properly?

Or use a jerrican of water instead of your pumped system, till you get home?

Hi I am in France and I had the same problem but could not get the right size mine is on a Carioca 694 and it is 35mm Pipe but can you get 35mm can you hell I have tried everywhere and was only able to get 40mm

What I had to do to make a temp repair was to wrap gaffa tape around the tank spout and filler until the pipe fitted then put on the jubilee clip on and it worked (until I get home).

Mike.

This is what CAK offers:

http://www.caktanks.co.uk/files/cak_catalogue_2012/2012_CAK_Water.pdf

Mike's 35mm-diameter hose seems to be unusual (I couldn't find it in my French leisure-vehicle catalogues), but it is available in France. This webpage lists drinking-water-quality hose (available by the metre) in a variety of diameters

http://www.vetusfrance.com/prod_Tuyau-pour-l-eau-potable_Groupe-d-eau-sous-pression_000ZwBGd0_10189.html

with VET DWHOSE35A being the 35mm one.

There's a map showing VETUS outlets here

http://www.vetusfrance.com/shop.php?clnt=0&fam=000&tmpl=contenu&cnt=reseau&codepostal=85

Hi Bolly, Have you tried Castlecroft on Eton Hill Road Radcliffe. Also next door is a new place that repairs and services motorhomes on the corner that used to be Remploy. I am sure they will have a piece of piping.

Good luck

Ray and Jean (Bury)

Archived