fishing

derek pringle

Hi All,

Just had a lovely couple of weeks on a site near Le Mans--- Lac de Varennes and would really like to recommend it to any out there who like a spot of fishing whilst away in their motorhomes.

During my stay there I witnessed 2 yes 2 fifty pound carp being caught, and when you couple that with the beauty of the site it's a winner. Before anybody asks the best I did was some very large bream.

Check it out on the website.

cheers

derek

Cattwg - 2013-07-31 7:00 PM

Hi,

Just wondering what the legal requirements are for freshwater, course fishing in France? Are they similar to the UK? Is it feasible to fish different waters as we wander through France?

Cattwg :-D

Hi Cattwg,

Absolutely no problem. Most sites with lakes on you can purchase a permit from the site, the odd one you will go to the village tabac or whatever, however in saying that I have always been able to fish from a ticket at the site. One comparison is though that the site I spoke about in my post cost 6 euro per day to fish whereas if I had gone 1/4 to 1/2 mile to the village the cost would have been 18 euros for a 7 day licence less than 3 euros a day for brilliant fishing.

The French are not that hung up about regulations for fishing- unlike Germany who do not seem to want visitors to fish .

As far as France goes take your rod and you will be happy,an awful lot of sites have small lakes or ponds as they call them that are fished free, usually sport fishing but very enjoyable non the less

tight lines

good luck

derek

Hi Derek;

you make it sound great! Is it permisible to eat what you catch in France?

I last fished when I was about 14; so it would be a major backtrack; but maybe relaxing enough to be worthwhile?

The location sounds very good in any case

regards

alan b

snowie - 2013-08-02 8:21 PM

Hi Derek;

you make it sound great! Is it permisible to eat what you catch in France?

I last fished when I was about 14; so it would be a major backtrack; but maybe relaxing enough to be worthwhile?

The location sounds very good in any case

regards

alan b

Hi Snowie,

There does not seem to be a straight yes or no to your question. Myself, I always return all fish--even trout.

The French and Poles on the other hand are not so worried about conservation of the stock.

Carp in particular seem to be a treat for these to eat and any small silver fish soon become pate.

I have had occasions when I have had to insist I am returning fish the thought seemed to be I should give it away for somebody's table. Some fishing lakes have rules but not many and not strict.

Be nice and enjoy fishing then return the fish for its sake and the next angler to try to outwit it.

tight lines

derek

Archived