Small 12v TV needed

Mrs T

Our van came with a 10" but unless you sit very close it is too small to enjoy watching, and the sound is poor probably due to diddy speakers, so we replaced it with a 16" which is much better.

But it all depends on how far from it you sit and how good bad or indifferent your hearing is!

It depends on your budget but there's some on fleabay for around £140....LCD with DVD player and some with built in freeview.  We bought ours off there a few years back and found it excellent....(on the very few occasions we have used it) for DVD watching.  I can't comment on TV clarity though as we never bother with it in the MH.

You could try Curry's if you check the cables behind the set there is a 12volt power pack on some and its easy to remove make sure you get your polarity right they work they work a treat and as they are not sold as a camping 12volt TV they are as cheap as chips (mind you at £1.60 a bag chips aint cheap either). John (^) 8-)

I find that 'small' TV's are getting like 'Small cars, every time the manufacturer releases 'this years model' they seem to have been feeding them steroids because they have GROWN. The latest Avtex are now 19" do they still do a 10" ? ours is a 16" just right for us. (our car, a Yaris has grown bigger with every model they release...why is that ?). Anyway Avtex are expensive, but we think they are worth it, very good viewing angles (you can still watch it from almost directly below or to one side of it). the dvd works fine and plays multi region DVDs' Cd's Compilations etc., Ray

flicka - 2013-08-04 11:02 PM

As previously posted - Maplin have a choice of 7" to 16" typically :-

http://www.maplin.co.uk/10.2in-widescreen-digital-tv-with-usb-port-653250

I've got one of the 10.2" ones from Flicka's Maplin link and it has been very good.

One of its best features is the speed at which it does a scan for DTV channels - it's through in about 1/3 the time of any other set I've tried, which makes looking for channels a very quick process.

Maplins also sell them through their Ebay outlet 'bitzshopuk' and they can be had for about £60-£70 sometimes. Search on Ebay for Nikkai 10.2".

Archived