WiFi Booster

Alan D

Hi Alan,

If you use the dropdown box in the search facility to alter the timescale of your search it will work better.

It sounds as though you have left it in its default position which only shows results since YOUR last login.

HTH

Hi All,

I had the Faculty X Wi-Fi extender and was not happy with it.

It is difficult to set up instructions not very good look as if they come from China very vague when I tried to use my laptop without it the Wi-Fi would not work.

I contacted Faculty X and they would not help me but said if you are not happy send it back.

Great customer service's! I don't think.

Mike

Intrigued by the post,I am now £23.50 poorer having purchased a Rocket WiFi booster from fleabay.

I works really well pulling in loads of sites two of which are usable BT Fon and BT WiFi which were undetected by my computers WiFi card.

Still four week till I get to try it in France tho'.

gocro - 2013-08-09 5:02 PM

Intrigued by the post,I am now £23.50 poorer having purchased a Rocket WiFi booster from fleabay.

I works really well pulling in loads of sites two of which are usable BT Fon and BT WiFi which were undetected by my computers WiFi card.

Still four week till I get to try it in France tho'.

I have the same antenna which I also bought off fleabay. Afraid I cannot justify shelling out seventy quid for basically the same thing.

Only problem i've experienced is once the software is installed, I cannot switch between the two (Rocket or internal) and have to remove it each time I use the internal. Laptop is a Dell E5500.

http://tinyurl.com/mf9z6u4

This is the one I got from ebay there are some for auction so you could get it for less.

Very easy to set up,software is ok and the power is low enough to be legal yet still do the job.

I had no trouble loading or unloading it as a usb device.You can configure your laptop as a local

area network device to share the signal with apple or android devices also(a bit more difficult)

sambukashot - 2013-08-10 9:47 AM

If you want a great wifi booster that won't let you down with excellent results try this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TurboTenna-NextG-USB-Yagi-Antenna-2200mW/dp/B003X8DOBS

P.S. I have tried and tested the all the ones mentioned above and they don't even come close to Yagi from TurboTenna.

Keith

Totally agree with you. At moment on the west links in St Andrews Yagi has just been put down with no attempt to adjust and I am connected to the Scores Hotel which will be about 1/2 mile away. I do have the router and using a Nexus7 all practice for my venture down to Spain next month.Will have a stroll into town a few beers and then wild camp here which is acceptable as links owned by St Andrews Links Trust and not local authorityt.

I met a couple on a camper park in Spain who were using the rocket and trying to update windows software, 2 bars and the download kept dropping out so i plugged in the yagi antenna 5 bars and 100% connection and the windows update (around 400mb) came streaming down in just a few minutes.

They concluded the rocket antenna was useless!

sambukashot - 2013-08-10 9:47 AM

If you want a great wifi booster that won't let you down with excellent results try this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TurboTenna-NextG-USB-Yagi-Antenna-2200mW/dp/B003X8DOBS

P.S. I have tried and tested the all the ones mentioned above and they don't even come close to Yagi from TurboTenna.

Keith

Tried the rocket one you posted the link to, it's flimsy in construstion and has a poor range.
KeithOwning a Rocket I don't find anything "flimsy" in it's construction. You would have to be very heavy handed or simply damn clumsy to do any damage to it.The "TurboTenna" costs three times more than the Rocket. Does it pull in more than three times the amount of signals/range compared to the Rocket? If not, then it's not worth the money.

Only problem i've experienced is once the software is installed, I cannot switch between the two (Rocket or internal) and have to remove it each time I use the internal. Laptop is a Dell E5500

I don't have this problem with the yagi antenna i simply switch between any network connection i want including the windows built in network and a 3G Dongle at anytime, suppose you get what you pay for!

I can pull in a wifi signal from Scotland when i am in the Isle of Man which is about 13 Miles across the sea, can the rocket do that?

sambukashot - 2013-08-10 2:24 PM

Only problem i've experienced is once the software is installed, I cannot switch between the two (Rocket or internal) and have to remove it each time I use the internal. Laptop is a Dell E5500

I don't have this problem with the yagi antenna i simply switch between any network connection i want including the windows built in network and a 3G Dongle at anytime, suppose you get what you pay for!

That's a software issue Keith......nothing to do with the antenna construction, and to be perfectly frank it only takes seconds to install/uninstall.But you didn't answer my question.Does the "TurboTenna" pull in three times more signals (wi-fi connections) than what the Rocket does........or not?

Hi Bulletguy,

I edited my post at the same time you wrote yours adding n answer to your question, so please read my last post again.

Again i am giving advice to "Alan D" who asked are these boosters any good?

Having tested most wifi antennas on the market including the rocket, i am very sure of the results each model will give you.

Archived