Interesting Survey on Insurance Companies

enodreven

Hi, I'm sorry I may have missunderstood your reply, but surley the reason for the listing is exactly what you describe ?

Quote " I think the most you can get from this is that ""some insurers are rated a bit better than others"" "

Muswell - 2013-08-10 9:46 AM

When I see statistics like this quoted to 2 decimal places and then companies ranked accordingly I lose confidence in what I am being told. I think the most you can get from this is that some insurers are rated a bit better than others.

Hi,

I must admit I couldn't understand the reason for LV-Frizzell and LV-Liverpool Victoria having different ratings as I always thought these were the same company ? I think its just a snap shot at a point in time that you can either take it or leave it, its just a talking point.

Albeit I am quiet happy that SAGA who I'm with has a fairly high rating which having had to make a couple of claims in the last year I am very happy with the way they have dealt with the situations, so would certainly give them a high rating myself.

QUOTE]paulmold - 2013-08-10 9:49 AM

The odd thing I noticed was that Highway (whom I am with) is rated poor and LV is rated high. Yet Highway are part of LV.

enodreven - 2013-08-10 9:52 AM

Hi, I'm sorry I may have missunderstood your reply, but surley the reason for the listing is exactly what you describe ?

Quote " I think the most you can get from this is that ""some insurers are rated a bit better than others"" "

Muswell - 2013-08-10 9:46 AM

When I see statistics like this quoted to 2 decimal places and then companies ranked accordingly I lose confidence in what I am being told. I think the most you can get from this is that some insurers are rated a bit better than others.

What I meant was that you can't say that Halifax (30) is better than esure (31) or that SAGA (5) is better than John Lewis (7). You can maybe, depending on the data, say that Halifax and esure are probably not as good as SAGA and John Lewis. But even with this comparison the difference is not huge statistically. What you have to remember is that most journalists do not understand statistics and looking at this list and how it is presented I think that is the case here.

• 2 weeks later...

If I had been asked to take part, the NFU might not have come first. >:-(

Around 2 or 3 years ago I tried to get a quote for the motorhome by going to their website. I found that the nearest office was in Darlington and that someone would ring me to discuss things and give me a price. I am still waiting for the call.

I found their setup a little strange and different to other Insurance Companies. I bet the people who give them a good mark live within walking distance of an office. Otherwise they would never have got the insurance in the first place.

Guest JudgeMental
when I had demountable truck campers NFU were one of the only companies that would insure these rigs...They refused to insure me eventually as I had a london postcode and last van was written off when hit up the back whilst parked up *-) They payed out quickly and efficiently without quibbling and I had a new shinny 4x4 truck shortly after....They are far from slick but fine IMO as they are really farmers insurers or used to be..

Hi,

Its just a snap shot in time, but I bet you anyone who's company is near the top of the list are happy with the way the survey was conducted and those further down arn't LoL (lol)

All I can say is if anyone is looking for a new insurance company this list is as good as any for making your choice, as now days it seems you pays your money and takes your chance.

SAGA have been great in the last 2 years we have had 2 accidents (not my fault I hasten to add), and they have sorted them our without any major problems and just recently my wife lost her Gold watch and we made a claim on our house insurance which is also with SAGA and it only took 2 weeks for them to send a £700 cheque for a replacement , so as far as I can say SAGA are there when you need them, and I would recommend them to anyone..

Guest JudgeMental
this reads more like advert or more spam from saga..an insurance company I would never entertain because of their spamming tactics *-)

JudgeMental - 2013-08-21 6:43 PM

this reads more like advert or more spam from saga..an insurance company I would never entertain because of their spamming tactics *-)

This certainly used to be true but one of our cars has been with Saga for a couple of years and all it took was a simple request for no marketing, mailshots or phone calls whatsoever whilst on the phone when the cover was arranged and they have been true to their word.

Guest JudgeMental
Tracker - 2013-08-21 7:09 PM

This certainly used to be true but one of our cars has been with Saga for a couple of years and all it took was a simple request for no marketing, mailshots or phone calls whatsoever whilst on the phone when the cover was arranged and they have been true to their word.

Once they have you they leave you alone.....its the rest of us who have to put up with them! *-)

JudgeMental - 2013-08-21 7:19 PM

Tracker - 2013-08-21 7:09 PM

Once they have you they leave you alone.....its the rest of us who have to put up with them! *-)

Sorry Eddie but I have never found that to be true - a simple phone call has always stopped their spamming activities in the past and, spamming apart, I have always found Saga easy to talk to and to deal with - mind you I have yet to have a claim when insured by them - but I have no reason to think that anything other than fair treatment would follow from this British owned and UK based insurer.

Archived