Worst coastal resort in Britain

antony1969

Gwendolyn - 2013-08-12 8:34 PM
Retread24800 - 2013-08-12 6:25 PMNorth Cornwall, Avoid Tresoddit, home to The second homer.
Posy Simmonds fan then? Showing your Guardian reading credentials? I loved that cartoon series.

BBC film 1991 'Easter in Tresoddit'. I have NEVER bought a copy of the Guardian, our English teacher was an avid fan and that was enough for me :-) But How an Exposé of the Chattering classes ever ended up in their daily Bible.....................

Robinhood - 2013-08-13 8:15 AM

pkc - 2013-08-13 1:00 AM

George Collings - 2013-08-12 11:09 PM

". It must have put a lot of woman off sex for life."

Relieved that you said that George.

I thought it was me. *-)

.........it's probably you as well.

;-)

I will have you know that I am sought after by loads of women, 75 or 80 in fact.

..........Some even younger.

Southport is further from the sea than Birmingham! The pleasure park closed down and the Lord Street shopping was wasting away when I was there a couple of years ago.

Blackpool has always been tacky and now few go there for a holiday. However, for the day, the fun fair is good and so is watching the evening mating dance of males around scantily dressed females. It's almost a cultural experience! Spend a bit of time betting on who will fall over drunk next and then on who will manage to stand up again. I like Blackpool because it is honest; it knows it is tacky - it has trams as well!

Morecambe is another resort that is OK for a day trip - particularly the north end of town which has good views over to the Lake District and a nice prom for a walk.

New Brighton is making a comeback and has been packed with day trippers this summer.

Rhyl became a holiday resort because it was an exotic location for Scousers and Mancunians from the factories in the old days. It never had much to offer and gets worse every year. It is truly dreadful. I doubt in can be classed as a resort because nobody goes there willingly so it should be excluded.

If a resort is a popular destination for holidays or recreation, then despite my fondness for Blackpool, it probably wins my vote because people still go there.

Archived