We've bought an MH

candapack

Well, we've done it. After intense research, many dealer visits, the loan of an MH from a kind friend and lots of advice from you guys, we have bought a 2007 Autosleepers Inca EK from Todds in Preston. Collect in a couple of weeks.

Quite a different layout to what we first thought we wanted - your input was very useful here. Having said that, from what I read, there's a good chance we'll be looking for a different layout again after we've used it for a while!!

We've been offered a fairly crap trade-in price for our caravan - albeit no worse than from any other dealers. Because of that, and also down to a suggestion from one of your number, we're thinking we might hold on to the 'van as well, for those Scottish holidays where we just want to stay in one place for a while.

But just now itching to start playing with new toy!

Congratulations.....hopefully you will travel many many miles seeing places you never knew existed having a really lovely happy time.

Like has been said ask away...there's no such thing as a daft question when it comes to MH's.....they all have their idiosyncrasies.

candapack - 2013-08-15 10:14 PM

Well, we've done it. After intense research, many dealer visits, the loan of an MH from a kind friend ........and lots of advice from you guys, we have bought a 2007 Autosleepers Inca EK from Todds in Preston. Collect in a couple of weeks.

BIB is the bit you got absolutely right.

When I bought my van I was already familiar with the model type as a friend also own a Duetto. But when I eventually found one in excellent condition, I was staggered to find it had seven previous owners! On checking back through it's history I soon found that some owners had simply 'bought on a whim'. One couple had even travelled all the way from London up to Sheffield, bought the van, drove back home, spent a weekend in it........then decided it wasn't for them and sold it the following week to a Dealer!

The guy I bought it off owned a villa in a Spain and he and his wife spent more time there and had only used the van once in one year of owning it, which was why he decided to sell.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2013-08-16 11:01 AM

candapack - 2013-08-15 10:14 PM

Well, we've done it. After intense research, many dealer visits, the loan of an MH from a kind friend ........and lots of advice from you guys, we have bought a 2007 Autosleepers Inca EK from Todds in Preston. Collect in a couple of weeks.

BIB is the bit you got absolutely right.

Ditto ;-)..................

Great - lots of positive feedback, thanks. Prepare for lots of daft questions - the first one being;

Our MH has fitted roofbars, but as a long time caravanner, I have always worked on the principle of keeping loads as low as possible.

What sort of stuff can you safely stick on the roof?

Welcome to the fold.

Our first motorhome had roof bars and a top box. We put chairs and table plus other odds and ends in it. After a time we realized that it was a pain having to get up on the roof to get thins down that could be stored lower down, so took it off.

We then discovered that we had gained and extra 10 mph, plus better fuel economy, so my advice would be forget the roof bars.

David

Guest pelmetman
candapack - 2013-08-16 9:11 PM

Great - lots of positive feedback, thanks. Prepare for lots of daft questions - the first one being;

Our MH has fitted roofbars, but as a long time caravanner, I have always worked on the principle of keeping loads as low as possible.

What sort of stuff can you safely stick on the roof?

Personally I prefer a bike rack, even though we rarely carry bikes, as its easier to load than a roof rack we keep our recliners on there in an all weather bag ;-)................just check you have the spare capacity on your rear axle :D.........Indeed a trip to a weighbridge would be useful anyway :->

Archived