Carpets up or down?

Brock

Guest Peter James
Tracker - 2013-08-22 6:48 PM

Not being a lover of cold feet

Neither am I so I always sleep in socks, and walking on cold lino is no problem. ;-)

Peter James - 2013-08-22 7:17 PM

Neither am I so I always sleep in socks, and walking on cold lino is no problem. ;-)

Are these the same socks you wear over your sandals to keep them dry in the Scottish summer or have you dipped into your wee sporen and treated yourself to the luxury of a second pair!

There are other nocturnal activities that sleeping in socks can be compared with but I had better not say what they might be!

We Prefer to have carpets, like the cosy feel of all over warm flooring, our present M/H had dark blue Carpets from new, we have just had a new carpet of our choice fitted , we own two vacuum cleaners so keeping carpets clean is no Problem, its all personal choice of course,

RogerC - 2013-08-22 7:53 PM

Ours came 'carpetless' so we just bought some 'runners' which do the job and if they get stained   (wobbling around with red wine in hand for example) just live with it or buy some more cheapish ones.

I presume being cheapies that your runners are not world record holders line Usain or Mo as they certainly don't look downtrodden!

Tracker - 2013-08-22 9:32 PM
RogerC - 2013-08-22 7:53 PMOurs came 'carpetless' so we just bought some 'runners' which do the job and if they get stained   (wobbling around with red wine in hand for example) just live with it or buy some more cheapish ones.
I presume being cheapies that your runners are not world record holders line Usain or Mo as they certainly don't look downtrodden!

No way....'cheapies' indeed!! our are 'cheapish' which sort of opens a link to my response to your deigning to infer our carpets are of 'lesser value'..... pishtosh   :-)

In addition;  to make those 'barefoot' nights more luxurious we have a lovely 'rare breeds' sheepskin to curl our toes into.  I did enquire as to why the particular 'skin' was a 'rare breed' and was reliably informed that they were at one time quite common but people like us kept asking for sheepskin rugs.  So now, having slaughtered so many to meet the demand for rugs they are no longer 'common' but 'rare breeds'......  :-)

For those of a sensitive disposition....or of Welsh hill farmer extraction with a propensity for 'strange affection for sheep' I would like to point out that no sheep were harmed in the production of said rugs......well except those that were slaughtered in order to make the rugs. :-)

Having a very hairy dog (golden retriever) who seems to love the water we have replaced the carpets with those Turtle mats. Dead easy to clean or even wash. No cold laminate floor and no dog hairs collecting in one corner. Seems to be the best solution for us. B-)

As the above, only 2 Labradors, 1 Black, 1 yellow, One of which takes it 'in turn' to moult, especially when away 'having fun' in the van. Definately original carpets lifted, and stored, ready for 'Van change time'. replaced with washable runners and door mats for a warm floor feel. When they get a bit 'tacky' after repeated washes, replace them. Works for us. Ray

On a more serious note we do not use carpets in the summer as the floor is cooler but in winter we do.

In both cases we utilise a mat at the entrance to remove dust from shoes when entering, then bare feet in summer and slippers in winter.

Simple really.http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Looks like we'll be pulling up the carpets for the summer anyway. We used to go carpet naked when we had the dog and the kids. So if you see a naked motorhome next week at the Great Dorset Steam Fair, it will be us reliving our youth!

Thanks for all the comments made.

Colin Leake - 2013-08-23 5:15 PM

My wife covers the carpet rear the door with old copies of the Daily Telegraph when the weather is wet to protect the carpets.[/quote

Hope St Jude is good to you.

Carpets out in our van, I just love warming up the Pussy Cats cold feet!

Socks in bed oh yuk.

Archived