Oyster staellite problem

Edenside

Hi I wonder if anyone can help with my Oyster sataellite problem. I apologise if this is a rather long explanation but please bear with me.

The oyster dish is programmed to rotate in its search to a given point then stop and rotate the opposite way. A couple of years ago mine rotated full circle without stopping, this was caused by the bolt that stops being bent. I straightened it and it

worked ok from then on. (I have been told that this is a problem with the Oyster and there is an upgrade, does anyone know if this is correct).

I upgraded my motor home this year so transferred the dish, mine was the Mark 1 (box showing map) Oyster at that time were offering an upgrade at a reduced price for the Mark 2 box if you sent them the old Mark 1 box. Mark 2 box is compatible with the dish on the van. I took them up on this offer and all was fitted and everything worked well on my trip to Europe.

Last month while on the Aires in Narbonne I was putting the dish up and during the search there was an unsuspected strong gush of wind, the dish started rotating full circle, I suspected the bolt had bent again so I cancelled the search and the dish retracted but not in it correct position.

On returning home I dismantled the dish from the top of the van and the bolt was bent. I have straightened this and put it back on the van. On starting the system up the box

in the van reads IGNITION ON but nothing else happens. I have checked both motors and they are both working. Does anyone have any knowledge of the workings of the Oyster system. Hope someone can help.

• 4 weeks later...

Give Ten Haaft a call. I called in there intending to have the software updated but left with a new receiver.

Had a problem a few days later and phoned the. Receptionist spoke English and put me through to a

technician who also spoke English. I have had excellent service from them for the 8 years I've had the

system.

Archived