Bay of Roses, any recommendations please.

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave
Off on our last meanderings of the year, aiming to wander down France and over the border to the Bay of Roses area, culminating in a ( public transport for this bit )visit to Barcelona. Looking for preferably a small quiet site the less facilities the better, any recommendations please, I think we have the train bit sorted out for Barcelona from Figueres, has anyone done that also please. ;-)

Hi
You can always try the campsite Rodas,small and basic. I think ACSI cards are accepted.   It has public transport about 0.5 KM from entrance of the campsite. If I remember the trains run every half hour to Barcelona from Figueres.
Regards,
Brendan.

Just a bit further south is Pals. Nice site there called Interpals which does a really good discount for over 55s and long stays. Superb beach and not a bad little town. The old town of Pals is really nice and well worth a visit. Quite good base if you want to have a look round too-Pallafrugel, Estartit etc well within half an hours drive

Mike

Guest JudgeMental
a lovely area and driving/parking fine in a panel van but with our CB it was a challenge getting around and we ended up hiring a car....Just keep your eye on the weather as further south normally better out of season.

Archived