Fan resistor

alanedwin

Although that supplier is somewhat cheaper than Fiat; the part number that you gave is the original supplier number stamped on the body. The Fiat number was 71732249 and was superceded by 1306600080.

This item is available from Fiat and is about £55 inc Vat

I have a couple on the shelf.

I would not like anyone to think that they have to buy one from Germany!

euroserv - 2013-09-05 4:26 PM

This item is available from Fiat and is about £55 inc Vat

I have a couple on the shelf.

I would not like anyone to think that they have to buy one from Germany!

The advertised price from the above website is €19, which is circa £16 inc vat.

I have only been driving for 52 years but I have never had that sort of heater failure in any of the dozens of vehicles that I have owned.

Have I been very lucky or is that a weak point in these vehicles or is the OP just unlucky or would it be worth spending the extra to get a genuine part which has, hopefully, been upgraded to reduce the chances of further failures?

On the other hand 3 cheapies compares well with the cost of one genuine part as long as you don't mind the hassle involved to change it?

Or maybe a genuine part from a breakers yard could provide the best of both worlds?

Tracker - 2013-09-05 5:00 PM

I have only been driving for 52 years but I have never had that sort of heater failure in any of the dozens of vehicles that I have owned.

Similar length of diving experience and I have had two such failures, both on Transits. In both cases I was able to effect a permanent repair using a Pop Rivet gun (not possible to solder to the heater resistor wire). What happened on the Transit was that the thick wire of the resistor broke at a sharp corner and all that was needed was to close the gap by using a rivet to trap the wire.

Damn sight cheaper than buying a new one!

Archived