First Time in Spain

MrsMimi

Morning! Can anyone advise on anything at all - particularly campsites - in Spain. We are heading that way in about 10 days time and have only ever been to France before. Because it's late in the season we thought we would be adventurous and go further south. We'll probably only get as far down as Valencia. We have a small dog and a small car (on a trailer). Ideally we'd like campsites by the sea and with a nice restaurant. Any advice would be really welcome (especially about dogs and whether they are as welcome as they are in France)

Guest JudgeMental

Big country, how about narrowing it down a little...

ACSI book, CC club books..etc..etc... Before paying with ACSI card ask what rates are for longer stays, as they may well be better without card

We went to Spain for the first time in June (Costa Brava). We had no problem finding campsites that took dogs, however Spain is not as dog friendly as France, Germany and other parts of Europe. We were able to sit outside bars with the dogs but not inside, which wasn't a problem as it was hot at the time. We were very disappointed to find that we couldn't take them on public transport but that won't affect you as you have a car. We had to hire a car for a few days to go sightseeing. But we had a fab time anyway and would definitely go again in the future. Hope this helps and have a lovely holiday.

Calpe Mar, Calpe.

Eden at Peniscola two we like, as we do not have transport, so can walk to beach and shops.

we not keen on Bonterra Park, but I believe a lot of you DO like it.

With a car , you have a wide choice, would recommend you try ACSI, even if you don't /or can''t get one now

look on line, you can still see their sites, also Camping Cheques can be viewed on line, and bought on line, though you do have to pay up-front, but they do last for two years (No as good as ACSI, for Spain)

PJay

Guest pelmetman
crbtaylor - 2013-09-15 5:12 PM

Perhaps some of the forum members who are more experienced and travelled could just post a couple of their favourite Spanish sites, regardless of location, or is that a subject for another thread?

Camping Calpemar..... as flagged up by PJ on another thread is also a favourite of ours, although the pitches vary in size, they are on the tight size............but its all about location, middle of a very nice still Spanish seaside town, 5 minutes from the sea.......there is another campsite and an a Aire type thingy available...........but the other campsite is more of a walk to the prom and hot water must be a summer only event :-S................the aire makes Calpemar look spacious :D

http://www.campingcalpemar.com/en/inicio_camping_calpemar.html

I posted about CampingKiko earlier

We have already booked for this January at...

http://www.campinglomonte-alicante.es/

Which is something to bear in mind if intending to stay at a particular site for the winter ;-) .........as they get booked up by those Germans spreading their virtual towels across Southern Europe *-).............they must think they own the place.............

I guess they do..................as they're financing most of it :D

Correction as flagged up by PJ on this thread :->

PJay - 2013-09-15 6:29 PM , would recommend you try ACSI, even if you don't /or can''t get one nowlook on line, PJay

Got mine for a little Off season Camping a couple of weeks ago, perhaps their UK agents have run out but try ASCI.eu On line shop if you are having supply problems 9.95€ +p&p to start your annual subscription or 13.95€+ p&p for this years only.

crbtaylor - 2013-09-15 10:39 AM

On the way down Bontella Park at Bennicasim is popular with the Brots, short walk to the sea and ex railway path behing the site with nice walks

I'm sure you mean Bonterra Park. I haven't seen any Brots there though. :D

Guest JudgeMental
crbtaylor - 2013-09-16 9:01 AM

Have you ever tried typing with one eye and numb fingers, a condition that affects me after 50 years of Diabetes! I rely heavily on spell check but I still see the funny side of mis spelt messages.....

Start typing and have a look at low GI diets..I wish as a diabetic I had discovered this information 20 years ago..honestly give it a look :-D

JudgeMental - 2013-09-16 9:29 AM

Have you ever tried typing with one eye and numb fingers, a condition that affects me after 50 years of Diabetes! I rely heavily on spell check but I still see the funny side of mis spelt messages.....

Start typing and have a look at low GI diets..I wish as a diabetic I had discovered this information 20 years ago..honestly give it a look :-D

Its amazing how quick a topic can go off subject in these forums, so back to the OP, recomendations for nice sites is Spain please

Guest JudgeMental
crbtaylor - 2013-09-16 12:47 PM

JudgeMental - 2013-09-16 9:29 AM

Its amazing how quick a topic can go off subject in these forums, so back to the OP, recomendations for nice sites is Spain please

there are no police on here... topics always drift and you started it!lol.... was trying to help, ignorant plonker

Guest JudgeMental
Some good sites in and around Benidorm, always busy year round with probably the cheapest prices in Spain due to the competition. The embarrassing drunken northerners easy to ignore as most corralled up in certain areas....There is enough of the real spain around to make it enjoyable....heading there again next month....

HymerVan - 2013-09-17 7:49 AM

Consider Northern Spain along the North Coast or inland. A relatively undiscovered and amazing area. However you need to check what sites are open this late in the year.

Don't think the weather very good at this time of year, but I agree lovely part of Spain, more traditional , We go there in Late June/July, when the weather gets to HOT on the Costas

PJay

Numb fingers ... yup ... I used to have to type (as a PA to a Director) with numb fingers and the only way I could sometimes get them to work was to soak them in hot water for 5 mins ...

Never had to resort to using one of my eyes though ... do you have to take it out to do so, or does yours bulge sufficiently so you can touch the keys without having to remove it first? 8-) :D (lol)

1460484638_bulgingeye.jpg.13699bb9c5003d3200263567a7f09906.jpg

Archived