Calor gas

trickydicky

trickydicky - 2013-09-19 6:48 PM

I have just purchased a calorie gas 4.5 kg butane gas bottle

Hi,

The short answer is no – Calor gas is not available outside of the UK. Camping Gaz is available (and much cheaper) in Spain. The other alternatives are to purchase a Spanish gas bottle and the appropriate connectors or to take sufficient Calor gas for the whole trip.

I'm assuming you meant Calor and not calorie :-D

Cattwg :-D

No, either take a bigger Bottle,to last the whole holiday or get a 'Camping Gaz' 907 size, and a Gaz attachment, There are usually a few 'Empties' at the local tip, to do swap for a new one. (otherwise I 'believe' they charge more 'upfront' on Camping Gaz), mind you it's a long time since I bought one.

Ray

The largest Campingaz cylinder (the R 907) only contains 2.75kg of butane. It can be very expensive to buy new and the exchange price isn't cheap (even abroad)

http://www.outdooraction.co.uk/camping-gas-and-fuel/campingaz/campingaz-907-butane-bottle-new-pd-2859.php

If a secondhand Campingaz bottle is obtained (from a recycling centre or elsewhere), care should be taken that it's in exchangeable condition. A Campingaz retailer may well be reluctant to exchange a rusty battered bottle, and I think there may be a bottle age limit (10 years?) after which Campingaz bottles may not be accepted for exchange.

(If this inquiry is a follow-on to this earlier one

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/British-or-Spanish-gas-bottle-/32572/#M386758

then a 4.5kg Calor bottele may easily be adequate.)

It all depends on the length of your stay and where you stay. If you are on sites with EHU then you can minimise gas use and the bottle will last about a month or more. If you are wild camping then it will run dry very quickly, especially if you use it for the fridge. We only use Camping Gaz as we have EHU and 1 1/2 907 bottles lasts us 6 months.

Again it depends on your plans. If you plan on many trips then buy a Spanish bottle and regulator and have easy replacements. Yes, Camping Gaz is an alternative but beware that although supermarkets such as Eroski will stock Camping Gaz they usually stop this after the end of the holiday season and you need to find a dealership. Look on the Camping Gaz website for info on these. If your locker allows take a larger Calor bottle such as a 7 kg size and a Camping Gaz one as back up.

Derek Uzzell - 2013-09-21 3:35 PM

If you refer to the earlier posting by trickydicky that I provided a link to, you'll see that it's likely he plans to use the Calor 4.5kg bottle to fuel a Cadac gas barbecue.

Now, I don't know how long he will be spending in Benidorm, but 4.5kg of gas should cook a helluva lot of sausages!

Ah ... perhaps if dicky had given full info in the OP he may have got more pertinent answers! *-)

Archived