Cooking apples

hymernova1

Hi Folks,

I have loads of cooking apples and not having the space to store or freeze them wondered if I stew them in water and sugar and then bottled them how successful it would be and how long they would last like this. I hate wasting food and it is always nice to have apples when not in season.

Many thanks.

Hymernova

Guest pelmetman
crinklystarfish - 2013-09-23 2:25 PM

Which forum am I on?

Cor.........outer apple space has reached MM 8-)............

Although I'm googling home made apple presses and cider recipes :D

Which forum am I on?

One that retains a sense of balance about it's core principles, where most people would not upset the apple cart by giving a relative newcomer the pip about a posting that might have more appeal in Chatterbox!!

Which forum am I on?

MMM cookery and jam making forum. With contributor recipes thrown in for good measure. :D

Tracker - 2013-09-23 7:54 PM

Which forum am I on?

One that retains a sense of balance about it's core principles, where most people would not upset the apple cart by giving a relative newcomer the pip about a posting that might have more appeal in Chatterbox!!

Ahhh, a timely reminder; the one full of cox's.

Guest JudgeMental
crinklystarfish - 2013-09-23 10:46 PM

Tracker - 2013-09-23 7:54 PM

Which forum am I on?

Ahhh, a timely reminder; the one full of cox's.

Thankfully only a couple of rotten ones.......

We make chutney out of our excess and the excess pears as well for all the family on a virtually industrial scale. Some cookers we keep in a cool dark room and most last into December. The rest we chop up and cook down in small disposable plastic containers in the microwave then freeze the containers. In the winter we either simply defrost reheat and eat with custard or combine with various berries we also freeze to make tarts, pies or crumbles. Brings back memories of summer on a cold winters day. We've just made some jars og blackberry and apple jam.

Archived