Tyre Preasure

goodheart23

HI All

Can someone advise me on my tyre pressures, I have a Auto trail Delaware the hand book from auto trail says that front and back should be 55bar or 79 psi the tyres are continental van camper make, on the tyres the pressures state 4.75 bar or 69 psi would anyone be so kind as to which pressure I should take notice of.

goodheart23.

If you want to confirm this, download this Continental technical handbook:

http://www.conti-online.com/www/download/transport_bg_bg/general/tech_info/download/technical_data_book_pdf_bg.pdf

You haven't said what size of Vanco-Camper your Delaware has, but I expect it's 225/75 R16CP. If you print off Pages 24 & 25 of the handbook, line them up alongside each other and read the Vanco-Camper data across, you'll see 4.75bar/69psi is advised for front wheels, but 5.5bar/80psi for rear wheels.

I'm not going to comment on whether or not 4.75bar, 5.5bar, or some other pressure would be 'right' for your Delaware; I'm just highlighting that Continental does approve/recommend Vanco-Camper tyres being inflated well above their side-wall marking.

thanks for all your help, after looking at continental data, I shall have my tyres at front 69 psi rear 80psi my tyres are 225/75 R 16cp.

just to let you know the front were inflated to 72 psi rear 78 psi spare wheel was 69 psi I have now inflated spare to 80 psi I have a digital tyre gauge so if I have a puncture in the front I can deflate to 69 psi.

Goodheart

Archived