Fiat servicing

michele

Does anyone know some where in Hertfordshire or Essex or just not a million miles away that does servicing for Fiat . At present we drive to far & then have to leave it , that's not easy with arranging for the children to be looked after . Help guys anyone know anything closer to us .

Almost correct.

The stipulation by Fiat is that the garage must be VAT registered and competent; they must use Fiat OE parts or parts of an equivalent quality.

The only problem with this is that by not using the over priced Fiat dealers, you disqualify yourself from the 3rd year warranty which is an 'option'. Now we have actually had some help from Fiat in the 3rd year without using the dealers in years 1 and 2 but it is not guaranteed so given the money that you have spent on your pride and joy; I would recommend the dealer route and get the extra year of protection guaranteed. It will only take one throttle body or clutch hydraulic leak to make it worth your while!

It's your money, but I have a wider view of the big picture and for you I think it makes sense.

Nick

Unfortunately, not every Fiat garage can accommodate an Auto-Trail Chieftain motorhome but if you can locate one that can then book an early appointment where you can wait whilst it's being carried out. Unless there is something serious you are looking at a maximum of about 3 hours for an intermediate service, some times less. Make sure you ask them for a price up front and haggle, they are masters at unnecessary add ons.

Try BT fleet services http://www.btfleet.com/GarageNetwork/Garage-Network-Postcode-Search-Results.aspx?d=GTUpsuRViYj7t%2b%2b4zgsRwA%3d%3d

They service private vehicles and other company’s Vehicles They do have the garage capability to accommodate large motorhomes. I have used them on 2 occasions for my service and will be booking in my Fiat for a cam belt change. (Cheapest quote) After Xmas. Check them out they will give you a quote , I believe they have a Service depot at Watford just enter your post code and the result will show you the nearest service depot

Guest JudgeMental

Have had 2 services so far and I just wait.....bring a kindle :-D

the 3rd one a bigger service, so may have to leave it, but will bring bike and go for a ride/shopping if that is the case. I shopped around for cheaper for 2nd service and the difference from anyone who seemed trustworthy was hardly significant..and when it come to sell, paperwork goes along way!

Michelle I think you need to talk to them about waiting and getting their finger out, my garage uses 2 techs...

Another good reason for using a Fiat agent is that (in common with most manufacturers) there are 'in service updates' that are applied to vehicles when they are serviced at main agents which will not be carried out by independents. Our 2007 Ducato's all had software changes and a couple of vacuum pipes changed when they went in for warranty work. The dealer enters the reg number of the vehicle and are informed of what operations need to be carried out; for free on that vehicle.

None of these items are significant enough to warrant a recall but if you don't go there, you don't get them.

Ask anyone who has owned a Ford Transit or Mondeo Diesel how much difference main dealer servicing makes to their vehicles... It's like they have to be re-set every 50,000 miles to restore normal performance! While this does not happen with such dramatic effect with Fiat's; it is food for thought.

Lots of Fiat about but none that can accommodate anything bigger than a car . Was hoping that someone somewhere must be more closer than Banbury in Oxfordshire ..just to far Im affraid .Als o they dont do warranty work because they are not a proper dealership haha wished I had of known that one also .

We are lucky because our fiat dealership (stoneacre) has a commercial department for vans etc , and they also give you a courtesy car free gratis which is handy so you could take the kids somewhere more interesting.if you phone fiat am sure they would tell you your nearest commercial fiat dealership . Good luck pp

When I first bought my van the local Fiat dealership shut down. So I contacted an Iveco garage 10 mile away and yes they would do fiat services and warranty work... Unfortunately they also shut down that’s when I started to us BT... Try this web site they might have a garage near you http://www.iveco.com/uk/Pages/Home-Page.aspx

or go to this page

http://www.iveco.com/pages/dealer_locator.html?language=en&country=uk&brand=truck&address=watford uk and enter an address say Watford and it will bring up a google map with all Iveco service points on it

or this one http://www.fiatprofessional.co.uk/uk/Find_your_dealership#iframe_up

Archived