X2/50 vs Mice vs Winter layups

colin

Just a reminder if you are intending laying up your van for the winter, or even using it less, the mice like getting in the inlet. Only today was at my local garage checking out my old Suzi and discussing whether the van would fit on the lift when it needs an MOT when the subject of mice came up, seems I'm not the only one that has had this problem and he has removed mice from the filter casing of a 58reg x2/50.

I've made up a stainless mesh 'filter' to keep them out and now lay traps in the van 'shed'

I had mice in my van last autumn I moved the van from home into storage on a pig farm . Went to check on van after it had been there about a week and lo and behold mouse droppings on beige carpet and when I investigated they were everywhere : bought traps but they just ate what was in trap and escaped so ended up poisoning them . (I absolutely hated doing that I think it must be a horrid death for any creature ) but I couldn't get rid of them they chewed my fleece my very expensive doorstop a seat cushion it turned out there was only two and my son was convinced I'd taken them from our house to the farm cos he'd seen two running about on a wall in the garden (they were a lovely golden colour not your usual brown ratty looking things)but the amount of droppings you'd have thought two dozen . So get prepared for this year (it was a brand new van last year) this ones older and bung up the gaps with fine wire wool, lay plenty of tumble dryer sheets around, chuck some jeyes fluid over wheels . And sadly leave poison down also last year in van garage I'd left a George Forman grill in box it had only been used twice and had been cleaned but had a bit of grease on side ....phew they loved it the box was full of poo I slung it so I won't leave ANYTHING like that in this year .. Fingers crossed pp

We heard a mouse chomping away between two panels in our MH one quiet early morning.

It's parked on the drive.

Went round to our local supplier and purchased two of the following:-

http://www.ratbait.co.uk/snap-trap-mousetrap-345-p.asp

An hour later we didn't have a problem 8-) (lol)

Now leave them in the MH all the time.

It had entered the MH past one of the drain pipes where the hole in the floor was just a little bit too big for the pipe. ;-)

Archived