Cost of LPG V elec

Guest JudgeMental

bolero boy - 2013-11-02 10:15 AM

A recent 3 day stay at the CCC at Salisbury added £3.75 per night for a 'service' grass pitch (the only addition to a normal pitch was electric).

£3.75 x 7 = £26.25 for a week! £105 for a month......we run a 4 bed roomed detached house on a third of that per month, this has to be exploitation.

We only use leccy in the winter where we would be spending more time in the van requiring more powered services, along with less sun to recharge the batteries but, hey, come on CCC, this is only about recouping costs not fleecing your members!

Arr yes but their excuse is 'they cant sell you electric as that is illegal ' so they get around it by calling it Pitch Fee !! one site we stayed at Moffet we couldn't go on grass pitch as it was too wet! so stayed on the caravan storage bit with NO electric !! we were charged just the same as they said its for the PITCH >:-(

Guest JudgeMental

I topped up LPG when i went to airport to pick up wife last weekend...it took 3.50 €. So from beginning of October, using gas for fridge, boiling kettle, cooking in van and on BBQ (no heating required).and just using elec for low voltage lighting/TV/laptop/charging phone and sat nav... I am using approx 1kw @ 38p per day...I'm glad I asked as usually dont think about it!

Yes CC undoubtedly a rip!

chas - 2013-11-02 3:24 PM

You cant recharge batteries have t.v on all evening + lighting off gas, unfortunately, unless you have expensive solar panels, and plenty of sunshine. CCC price of EHU is still a massive rip off. >:-(

Solar panels are no longer that expensive they have come down a lot in the last couple of years, the one I fitted was £170 3 years ago, the same 80W panel is now £75.

We have 2 x90 watt solar panels fitted and a battery to battery charger and an inverter. With lpg we hope we are more or less self sufficient now. agree with previous comment. Not that expensive to have solar fitted now. Will let you know how successful we are when we return from 3 months in Spain in the spring. May have to resort to hiring a repsol bottle as nearest lpg is 100 kms away

audgreen - 2013-11-04 7:00 PM

We have 2 x90 watt solar panels fitted and a battery to battery charger and an inverter. With lpg we hope we are more or less self sufficient now. agree with previous comment. Not that expensive to have solar fitted now. Will let you know how successful we are when we return from 3 months in Spain in the spring. May have to resort to hiring a repsol bottle as nearest lpg is 100 kms away

How many leisure batteries have you got?

Archived